Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the tranny can be dropped n the engine raised up as far as I can to get the oil pan out had to change dipstick flange and need to clean it up or does it have to be pulled

·
Administrator
8,176 Posts
My guess is you have a 7.3. You can put in a new oring if the flange hasn't been tightened before.
If the flange is damaged. Just buy the strictly diesel adapter. It's spendy but you don't have to pull the motor to do it correctly.

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
Well first off :welcome: to the nation. I would not pull the motor just to fix that. I pulled my motor last year and its no small feat. And I would not fell safe trying to remove the pan with it hanging there on a chain. They are heavy engines. Now since I was pulling my motor for other reasons I replaced my pan and my oil dipstick adaptor. I would try reringing it or going with the strictly diesel repair adaptor. But that just me

Sent from my Super awesome outdated Samsung that doesn't burst into flames using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,158 Posts
as said above, use the adapter. you can do an oil pan without pulling the engine, but it is gonna leak because the surface has to be perfectly clean for the pan sealer to work. and you can not get it clean with the block dripping oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts