Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and have to say I'm addicted I have been reading as much as I can this site is great. I just got a truck I have been after for over a year now, the bad is it's not as amazing as I though it be. The truck is a pristine or atleast for Hawaii 97 F.350 standard cab, 5 speed, 4x4, it has an AFE stage 2, Banks turbo housing, homemade 4" exhaust that dumps right behind the passenger door, and a triple pod with gauges. Had a stupid edge box but let my friend keep that along with the three new weather guard tool boxes so he'd knock a grand off, not bad for $2500 I think. The bad the clutch is gone, barely got its self on my lowboy, almost had to pull cable, the back windows seal is gone, the fuel bowl and some other fuel system had been ripped off by the previous previous owners ex boyfriend had stold the truck and ripped that stuff off and hucked it. So my buddy put some parts on he found in the back room at the colleges diesel tech shop. Also the truck has a serious EGT problem, before the clutch got this bad we hooked the truck up to my 36' stock trailer and pulled it around the EGT's shot up to 1100:eek:, that was unloaded with no edge on it. So enough bull shirting.

How are the AFE stage 2's on these trucks, I have no experience with them I have always put 6673 filters on all out 7.3's? I found an AFE fullmetal intake are these better?

I found a good deal from glowshift on a quadpod set, boost, pyro, oil temp, and fuel pressure, I don't like the gauges in there and my buddy has offered me $300 bucks for them, would there be any other gauge I should look at getting?

I'm ripping the exhaust off when I get home this weekend, once again my buddy the scavenger he is has offered me $300 bucks for it for his other truck, who makes a good turbo back exhaust for these trucks, I'd like to get everything one time, and I don't want any muffler or cat no emissions here? Also what size is good, I have a 4" down pipe, 5" turbo back to 8" tip on my Super Duty and love the sound? Also should I look at changing bellow pipes?

Last is the turbo, I have never liked Banks stuff, my dad put the complete system on his truck 8 year later all there is left is the intercooler and exhaust piping. What options do I have for turbos on this truck, I'd like to try and get this truck up close to my super duty?

If there is anything else I should look at let me know, the clutch has been taken care of, hopefully gonna order a south bend dual disc soon. Thank you for all your guys help.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Stick with the 6637, its the best bang for the buck.

Glowshifts had a bad reputation but they have proven themselves in the last year or 2. Also look into Auto Meter and ISSPro.

As for exhaust, shop around for the best price. 3" downpipe is the biggest you will fit in there. 4" exhaust is plenty and sounds good, and a tip of your choice.

Turbo wise, the stock turbo is fine with stock injectors and even stage 1s. Look at Bean's D66 for a good upgraded drop in turbo that works well with a wide array of injectors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GM Duraturd

So I should ditch the AFE thats on the truck for a 6637? Just was wondering cause my friend wants it and has offered top dollar for it, so I though I'd sell it to him and slap on a homemade 6637 since I have a bunch of those filters I buy in bulk for all our trucks, tractors, and generators, so pretty much a free intake.
Wanted to go with glowshifts cause of the price, I'm looking at buying autometers or ISSPro's for my other truck which is my baby, this is my kinda budget, redheaded step child truck.

Looking at a Diamond Eye exhaust cause my 5" MBRP was the biggest pain to put on my super duty. Just wanted to know if it be a good idea to change out the bellows while I was back there.

Is the banks turbo housing worth running or should I dump it to someone else and look into picking up a different turbo set up?

Also what are you guys running for intercoolers, the EGT's on this truck are really bugging me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts