Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! Just purchased my first f250. It is an 06' 4x4 crew with the 6.0 powerstroke. I am a little worried after reading all of the horrid comments on their durability. It has 70K miles and runs like a champ. Love It! Already installed leveling kit, rancho 9000's all around, and 20" ultra Makos on 305/55/20 Toyo open Country A/Ts. Also deleted the cat. What is a good future mod to help with performance and not put too much of a strain on the engine? Exhaust? Intake? Programmer with light tune?
Thanks for the input! Happy to be here!

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
:welcome: to PSN!! you have come to the right place, the people around here will have you fixed up in no time;) lol Dnt worry too much about your 6.Ho itll be jus fine!

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
Guess ill take a stab @ this one. Mbrp 4" str8 exhaust is a good idea and it sounds great. A coolant filtration system like one from dieselsite would be a good proactive addition and isn't to taxing on the wallet. ####, wish I could just link u to a thread not long ago where another member stated everything perfectly. Once you start adding aftermarket goodies like injectors & tuners, you open up a whole other can of worms imo unless your properly prepped with studs and an egr delete. Did u buy ur truck from a dealer? Did u get an oasis report?
Anyways, hope I helped some. Best of luck with your new truck

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
I got all the stuff for my 06 6.0 at Truck Source Diesel. Call them. Aggie and Chris will hook you up.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
346 Posts
headstuds and egr delete and you will have a good reliable 6.0

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess ill take a stab @ this one. Mbrp 4" str8 exhaust is a good idea and it sounds great. A coolant filtration system like one from dieselsite would be a good proactive addition and isn't to taxing on the wallet. ####, wish I could just link u to a thread not long ago where another member stated everything perfectly. Once you start adding aftermarket goodies like injectors & tuners, you open up a whole other can of worms imo unless your properly prepped with studs and an egr delete. Did u buy ur truck from a dealer? Did u get an oasis report?
Anyways, hope I helped some. Best of luck with your new truck
Awesome pic by the way. MBRP 4" no muff? I did buy it form a dealer. How do I go about getting an oasis? I want to go with the bulletproof egr instead of deleting it. They are a local company in Phoenix, and I want to stay legal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts