Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I recently brought home my biggest ebay score ever! It's a '95 F350 CCDRW. The odometer's showing 135,550 miles right now. It's fairly well loaded with options, but it needs a number of repairs. I've been lurking on here for a while now, reading up on what to do next. And before you ask, YES, I already removed and got rid of that ratty mismatched camper shell! Cheers! Stephen

Attachments

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
welcome! looks like a pretty nice truck! do you have any power mods in mind?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in St. Charles. I don't have any power mods planned just yet, I need to take care of the broken things first! A turbo back exhaust would probably be something I need to do before it hits the road. Probably going to add gauges. I like the look of the new F650 overhead gauge pod. I think it would look cool in this old truck. This is going to be my long winter project. It had no brakes when I bought it, the lines had rusted through. I already replaced every inch of steel lines on it. That got it moveable, but the pedal is low. I need to bleed it out once I get the bleeder screws loose. It has a grinding noise at idle that goes away when you rev it a little. From reading on here it looks like either the flexplate is cracked or the torque converter is going away. Either way the trans is coming out. I'll drop the pan first to see how it looks. I'm going to add the deeper Ford DSO pan with a drain plug and the 4X4 filter for a little extra capacity. Depending on what I find in the pan I might end up overhauling the trans. It's hard to start now that it's colder so I need to check the glow plug circuit and make sure that's all good. Lots of good info on this site!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vcassens, are you a member of SLAPS? That Amarillo truck looks familiar. There couldn't be that many around the St. Louis area. I work at the Ford dealer in St. Charles. Maybe you were at our car show this year?

·
Black Gold
570 Posts
not to far away, bout hour north of stl

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yes I am a member of slaps and there are not that many around the area LOL I had a very long day yesterday because of it with in 3 hours I hot pulled over by 5 different police officers because someone hit a kid in east st. louis with a bright yellow truck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.