Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am new to the site but this is my 3rd ford. i just purchased a 1997 f-350 with a cummins swap and a zf5speed.
dont know to much about the obs trucks but i am a die hard cummins fan and well i like dodges but obs fords look soo awesome, and i got a great deal on my truck.

so the specs are,
1997 f350(started out as a 460 gasser 5 speed) now a 97 12 valve cummins
posi rear
ladder bars
all aftermarket gauges(no stock gauges at all)
black with tan interior(black interior asap)
zf5 speed upgraded clutch
stacks
ddp4s, .024dv's, rack plug, kdp, s364,
f150 seats
and im sure there is more i havent figured out yet lol

so i do have some problems with this but i just wanted to check in and let everyone know who i am and what my ride is

name is nick
live in oxford ny

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the chrome strips are already gone and i am looking into getting rid of the chrome bumpers.. not a chrome fan.
i am also riding on some 20x10 xd diesels with some nitto tires 33's.
i already have some 6" springs to replace the previous owners 2 3" blocks in the rear, and they also welded a bar ontop of the springs so it rests on the bump stops, so that will be gone as well

·
loud and long
567 Posts
well i am new to the site but this is my 3rd ford. i just purchased a 1997 f-350 with a cummins swap and a zf5speed.
dont know to much about the obs trucks but i am a die hard cummins fan and well i like dodges but obs fords look soo awesome, and i got a great deal on my truck.

so the specs are,
1997 f350(started out as a 460 gasser 5 speed) now a 97 12 valve cummins
posi rear
ladder bars
all aftermarket gauges(no stock gauges at all)
black with tan interior(black interior asap)
zf5 speed upgraded clutch
stacks
ddp4s, .024dv's, rack plug, kdp, s364,
f150 seats
and im sure there is more i havent figured out yet lol

so i do have some problems with this but i just wanted to check in and let everyone know who i am and what my ride is

name is nick
live in oxford ny
I think ur problem is that 6 in a row under ur hood!!!!!!
Welcome by the way:psnb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i know ill get some comments on that but i have nothing against power strokes, never driven one except a 6.0 at work and well that lasted 3 months before a injector dropped and blew it up.(had 200k of hard miles dont blame it lol).

but i am haven problems with the ford aspect of the truck so i was sent here by a few other fummins guys who said this forum had everything i needed.

ona side note i also bought a 04 6.0 intercooler for my truck since it came without one.
will be doing this swp this weekend maybe

·
loud and long
567 Posts
So what problems r u having?????

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
steering.. dunno if its the steering box or track bar, or u joints aswell..

it wonders bad, but when you turn just past halfway but not fully to the right or left the whole front end binds up like its in 4 wheel drive, but its in 2 wheel drive unlocked hubbs

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have to see if i have a adj. track bar and i am going to have a local mechanic look at it who is good with these trucks. i have no time right now with a newborn. but want to drive it soo badd..

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Can u spin ur axel shafts freely when ur hubs r unlocked

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i havent tried, but i will jump under it tomm. and check once i get home from work.
would of worked on it tonight but put new floor in for my kitchen.

any other things i can try id appreciate it. i have to also find out if it has a dana 60 like the kid said it was.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
It's not a Dana It's a sterling if it's still the stock axel. If ur axles don't spin freely that still wouldn't cause all the problem but then I would look to see if the t- case isn't disengaging. And u might be stuck in 4x4

·
loud and long
567 Posts
To figure this out the easy way u could just pull the front driveshaft off and see if the problem goes away

·
Registered
80 Posts
i havent tried, but i will jump under it tomm. and check once i get home from work.
would of worked on it tonight but put new floor in for my kitchen.

any other things i can try id appreciate it. i have to also find out if it has a dana 60 like the kid said it was.
I just drove through oxford on the way home, haha.... If i has a solid front axle, then its a dana 60.. other wise it would have a twin I-beam set up....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts