Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my names Chris. Just bought a 02 7.3 f350 with 142 on the odometer. First diesel for me, but I am a mechanic for John Deere so diesel knowledge isn’t new for me. It’s in relatively good shape drivetrain wise, needs paint and a driver seat cover. I was quoted $2200 to paint it. It’s got a full turbo back MBRP kit on it. New batteries, water pump, and thermostats, as well has a few steering/suspension components. It’s Dark teal metallic, paint code R2.
I have a company truck so this is going to be primarily a tow rig / weekend driver. Im sure I’ll get some crap for it but I’m pretty sure I want to do the 08 style mirrors for it and when it’s painted all the plastics will be done as well. Plans are to tint and level. Truck has no oil anywhere on it nor does it look freshly cleaned.
Already changed headlights, installed dual din, and got a cts2 monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
6,620 Posts
Welcome to the nation

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

·
Native Texan
9,037 Posts
Welcome to the Nation.

Emiko Martin
Beloved Mother
1950 - 1993

·
Native Texan
9,037 Posts
Heavydocs is bigger.

Emiko Martin
Beloved Mother
1950 - 1993

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also thinking of doing an airdog Lift pump.
BHAF and possibly a php hydra

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love a big service truck, but the kind of work we particularly do here in the area I live and work in a big truck physically wouldn’t fit a lot of places. We have two “chopper trucks” at one of our other locations. Here’s a pic of one of the trucks, they are basically identical.
@heavydoc what company do you work for?

·
PSN intsigator
6,620 Posts
James River Equipment. If you looking o move to North Carolina. Let me know

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
Skip the air dog they are junk and really won’t last. Stock pumps will last forever.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about fass? Really don’t want to do the hutch mod and the Regulated Return.

·
PSN intsigator
6,620 Posts
Yep, construction lots of forestry and mine support

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

·
Native Texan
9,037 Posts
Well unless u going to put a sump in which u can tie into stock pump u will have to do something to fix the pickup problems that come with these trucks.

Emiko Martin
Beloved Mother
1950 - 1993

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How are 1023 diesel tunes? Any better reputable tuners? I would really like to use the edge revolver chip whether it’s blank with custom tunes or edge tunes. I would really like to use the cts2 to change the tunes

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
Edge tunes are junk. Only way I would run them is with a manual truck. And then they aren't very good. There is no way to have the cts2 to switch the tunes. The ts6 is outdated. I personally use the hydra. If you want you can buy the blue tooth switch and change tunes from your phone.

I personally like my SDK tunes. Swamps and gearhead are others.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unless I read it wrong, I can buy a blank revolver chip and upload tunes to iT

1 - 20 of 30 Posts