Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 F-250 CC Sterling Grey. Waiting for Black Hostage wheels to come in. I hate Chrome! Just bought the XL Black Grill and I'm taking my truck to the paint shop next week to get the bumpers color matched. What should I paint on the grill? All? Outside? Inside? ()? I was thinking the surround, and 2 bars, leaving the [ ] black. Any pics would help!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Painted the horizontals.

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
Please post some pics when you get it done. I have a Sterling Grey 2011 and I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will definitely post pics when its done. Dropping everything off Tuesday AM and picking up on Friday. Pics to follow:

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts

still need to wet sand and clear coat my grille. going to do the paint to match mirrors and bumpers with these wheels

·
Trade up playa
323 Posts
All that colormatched will look awesome.

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
So are you guys sanding off the chrome or is there a paint-able grill besides the XL grill? The parts dept. told me that there isn't a paint-able surround.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
So are you guys sanding off the chrome or is there a paint-able grill besides the XL grill? The parts dept. told me that there isn't a paint-able surround.
The KR has painted surrounds, there is one that's paintable besides the XL.. talk to a different guy in parts, the guy I deal with is great in St. Charles, Mo at Pundemann Ford.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used the XL grill, primed and painted. He recommended the chrome grill over the xl grill. the KR grill would probably be the best to use.

·
Trade up playa
323 Posts
According to the ford website there is a grill sold that is painted to match. I'm assuming that is the version that is on the KR trucks.

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
Thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts