Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well been in the market for a diesel for a while, finally got one. 2003 ford 6.0 diesel CC long bed 2x4 with 183k for $7900.

First off do you guys think I got a good deal? It is a clean truck with a clean car fax and clean OASIS.

Im sure I will have more questions to come thanks guys.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Check it to see if the big issue points have been taken care of, EGR, Oil cooler, ARP studs etc... Have it gone over with a fine tooth comb, change your fluids, oil, trans, diff, and filter. Start reading up and enjoy the truck I love my 6.0 and hopefully you will as well. As far as getting a good deal it could be the best ever or a wolf in sheeps clothing if it has hidden issues... Welcome to the nation!!!

·
Horsepower Enthusiast
370 Posts
Welcome to the club, you'll find plenty of good info here.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys got her home and everything, having a little bit of trouble with it. EGR problems which i expected, EOT and ECT are pretty good i average about 2-6 degree difference. I planned on doing the oil cooler and egr delete but have a question which i searched for but cant really get the answer:

1. If I do EGR delete do I have to do headstuds or will it be ok?

My mechanic said i would overheat the heads and they would lift with delete and that I should just get new egr cooler.

I would probably do oil cooler EGR delete with SCT tuner, and blue spring kit, and maybe coolant filter kit.

·
Horsepower Enthusiast
370 Posts
You won't need headstuds with an EGR delete. Your mechanic seems to be overthinking things a little LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts