Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 96 f350 4x4 reg cab. I am about to redo almost everything. The truck has stock suspension with the 4" lift blocks from ford. The ride on and off road is harsh to say the least. I love the height but would like a softer ride for off roading. I don't tow much and this is pretty much a toy for me. Anyone have any suggestions on a suspension setup that will help out my kidneys. Also I put a AFE intake on it and I am looking at the FU chip. Is this the way to start? Should I get bigger injectors also and who makes a good turbo rebuild because I just passed 200,000 miles. Any help or ideas would be great since I am new to this. I used to build VW race cars but this is a whole new ballgame.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Suspension..easy we can get your truck to ride better than any stock SD.

Intake..best flowing and filtering intake kit is a Tymar.

Auto or stick?..you will need to mod them if stock for additional HP.

Cary

Turbo..rebuild kits are cheap but what HP are you looking at as the stocker won't take large inj's and last.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Novato now. It is the 5 speed bone stock. I was looking at the tough country 4" lift spring kit with Nitro shocks and cutting off the lift blocks. The person who owned it before me put on a 4" cowl hood with cheap clear headlights and tail lights. I think it has the dana 60's front and rear and I am running 33" tires now. Thanks for the quick replys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also my plan is to go back to stock on the hood and lights. Add some nice bumpers frt and rear and paint the whole truck flat black.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome INN

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Welcome from Norcal as well. Check out our norcal section and say hi!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts