Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for reputable powerstroke garage for regular maintenance and service. Any suggestions for my 2000 w/ 249,000 miles in the Mid-Coast of Maine?

I

·
0 Posts
Hight has two really good diesel techs. Not sure how close you are to Casco Ford in Yarmouth, They do a pretty good job also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies and the welcome. Got this truck new in 2000 and now have almost 250k.

I have had some issues lately and with codes p0470 and p1211. Since I have been reading this forum I have learned the 470 is related to the exhuast sensor and may be a clogged tube. I am going to try to clean that today.

The 1211 sounds like it could be more serious and may be indicating some attention to the injectors or wiring harnesses.

I'd rather work with someone who will be able to diagnos correctly the first time instead of just throwing parts at it.

I

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the replies and the welcome. Got this truck new in 2000 and now have almost 250k.

I have had some issues lately and with codes p0470 and p1211. Since I have been reading this forum I have learned the 470 is related to the exhuast sensor and may be a clogged tube. I am going to try to clean that today.

The 1211 sounds like it could be more serious and may be indicating some attention to the injectors or wiring harnesses.

I'd rather work with someone who will be able to diagnos correctly the first time instead of just throwing parts at it.
Sounds like you may want to call Chris at Hight. He is the service manager there. He knows plenty about our trucks. He doesn't throw parts at anything.
He doesn't hold your truck up for days on end like other dealers either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I appreciate your suggestion. I have had really good experience at my local shops for routine maintenance like brakes, tires and oil changes but from what I am reading here these issues could be a bit more complex.

This truck has been one reliable machine in the ten years I have had it. Regular oil changes must have been the key.

I

·
0 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate your suggestion. I have had really good experience at my local shops for routine maintenance like brakes, tires and oil changes but from what I am reading here these issues could be a bit more complex.

This truck has been one reliable machine in the ten years I have had it. Regular oil changes must have been the key.
I bought my 6.0 used and it had a bunch of issues when I did and I knew this before I bought it. I had Hight change a bunch of stuff on the motor and put a new rearend in it. It has been reliable since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts