Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New from CT

522 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  cummins kid 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I joined this site hoping to get some info about the mid-late 90's F-350 7.3's. I know very little about diesel Fords, been around gas ones all my life. I'm a farm boy, so I do have some diesel experience as far as tractors and equipment goes. I'm looking to buy my first truck, and I don't have a lot of $ to drop into mods, but would like to get some opinions about where a good place might be to start on a truck of that era. Also, could a diesel of that era not be the right place to get my feet wet? :shrug:

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
First off.... Welcome!!!

Second... Everyone here will tell you that there is no point in trying to get power out of an IDI. Save your money and get yourself a 95-97 OBS 7.3 powerstroke. They have a lot of performance potential if you are willing to spend the money. There are guys on here putting out 600rwhp and running 12 second 1/4 miles. It will get expensive once you start doing mods but its worth it. PSN is a great place with A SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T load of good and knowledgeable people. Just watch out for Brad...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.