Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my exhaust stack installed. It's a 48" length 6" Miter Cut stack from Dynaflex. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. The tallest portion of the stack sits about 1 inch below the roofline. The stack bracket is from The Chromeroom. Everyone who said that 6.0's straight piped sound awesome were absolutely right! It sounds like a cross between a 747 Jet and a Big Block gas motor. And when you get on it, the sound is incredible! Drone in the cab is bearable on the highway but it's not my daily driver so I wasn't too worried about it. It also appears to be a nice power adder as I ran my fastest time ever last night at the track. All in all, a great mod. Here are some pics . . .

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
I think I remember the thread you started about the sound of a straight pipe 6oh. Still trying to convince my dad to do it to his but with a regular exhaust. Cant budge the ole man. Looks dam good though!!

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
I usually dont like the single stack look, but yours looks pretty good......

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually dont like the single stack look, but yours looks pretty good......
Thank you sir! I think when it comes to a single stack, size really does matter. :hehe: I was not a fan of single stacks until I started seeing the bigger diameter stacks available. A single 5" seemed small to me and a single 7" looked a bit too big for my stock height truck. I also didn't want to reduce the stack before the bed floor. A 6" just seemed right to me and now that it's in, I love it even more!

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I remember the thread you started about the sound of a straight pipe 6oh. Still trying to convince my dad to do it to his but with a regular exhaust. Cant budge the ole man. Looks dam good though!!
If he is sensitive to drone or excessive exhaust sound in the cab, he would hate it. It's loud but if he is into bitchen exhaust notes, he's gotta do it! I drove to and from the track yesterday with no radio on. The sound was that sweet. LOL

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I will admit too, I'm not a huge fan of single but yours looks good. Just wondered did you have to notch out a support bar for your bed to fit it so close to the cab?

·
Diesel junkie!!!
613 Posts
I drove to and from the track yesterday with no radio on. The sound was that sweet. LOL
I know What you mean, I drove mine with the rear slider open all summer after installing mine.

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will admit too, I'm not a huge fan of single but yours looks good. Just wondered did you have to notch out a support bar for your bed to fit it so close to the cab?
Thanks! Yeah, I had to notch about half way into the front support. I notched it real clean with a die grinder and a cutoff wheel. I was going to weld in a support but it didn't seem to need it when I was done. I coated everything bare with galvanized rustoleum and that was it. I notched the factory muffler heat shield and part of the cross brace for the frame too but realized I didn't really need too.

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know What you mean, I drove mine with the rear slider open all summer after installing mine.
Oh how I wish I could have. My power rear slider has been busted for about 3 months. Went to open it one day and it opened 2 inches and stopped. Cable snapped. I guess you gotta buy the whole motor assembly and its like $600. Thinking about a solid back glass. LOL

·
Registered
868 Posts
the sound on them is amazing. i love walking behind my truck in the morning when it is warming up. after its on for about a minute the turbo geometery switches over or whatever they do and it starts whisteling really loud.

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the sound on them is amazing. i love walking behind my truck in the morning when it is warming up. after its on for about a minute the turbo geometery switches over or whatever they do and it starts whisteling really loud.
I know what you mean. It is a sweet sound!

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
That does look pretty good. I've been searching for pics of a 6" single in a short bed. I've had one to put in mine for almost a month now, I just hadn't decided if I wanted to do it or not.

After seeing those pics, I think I might do that as soon as I get my truck back

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That does look pretty good. I've been searching for pics of a 6" single in a short bed. I've had one to put in mine for almost a month now, I just hadn't decided if I wanted to do it or not.

After seeing those pics, I think I might do that as soon as I get my truck back
:rockwoot: Post pics when it's done!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts