Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Greetings from a cold Sweden! Well, actually im Finnish and live in Finland, but now Im working in Sweden. :)

First of all, im not first to say this but this forum is really great. I´ve had a lots of information through here and I finally made my dream come true and got myself my very first american car!

The car is 2000 Black Excursion with infamous 7.3l diesel and has just about over 170k in milemeter. It has been imported from the US in 2007 and has clean carfax from the begining to the this date and it is completely original. Lots of service done (over 10k$) in past 20k miles so it drives simply just great!

Although, im planning to mod it a bit.

First im going to repaint all the beige and chrome parts and get Harley davidson headlights. Just to get it to look clean and smooth all-black.

After that im looking for 4,5"-5" all spring lift kit coz my leafsprings are dead. Especially in the front. I´ve noticed that ICON is one brand to think of?

Now it sits on stock rims with some allterrain tyres but I also got 18"x8,5" Incubus Poltergeist 8 wheels with it. What tyres I should fit on those?
If I get 4,5"-5" lift will it clear at least 35"x12,5"R18 mudterrain tires? I guess that Offset is near 0,20, do I need spacers?

Im also interested in to tickle a bit more power out of it, but first exterior. :)

Sorry if my english isnt that good. I also caught cold and now I also have a fever. :s

Cheers,

Nico

And some pics:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the forum, nice EX! I lived in Germany for a few years along time ago- Europe is NOT big vehicle friendly!
Guy on here (OBSWIZ) should reply with good info for you on lifting it. Going to be impossible to find used/replacement parts over there. I'd go with the Incubus rims you got with it. 35's are easy enough to clear and look good on the EX. Set of guages, open up the intake and exhaust, a chip and you'll be good. Seen some pretty elaborate setups in American diesel's in Sweden/Finland/etc in diesel magazines so might be able to find some support over there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, yeah you are definitely right about that. Europe is not big car friendly. :D Never been in germany, but I think we might have wider roads in Finland.? However, I really wanted something different. Capacity to carry stuff and most important thing I wanted to get powerful 4x4! Really got sick of getting stuck every now and then during winter time. :p

Yeah, actually OEM replacement parts are quiet easy to get from here because now days we have a plenty of F250 and F350 and a few shops that are completely focused on american cars, but other parts like lift kits, mudterrain tyres for 18" rims are quiet tricky to get. But fortunately im familiar of ordering parts directly from the US. :p

What gauges should I get then? What I´ve understood transmission oil temp is quiet important to follow if I want to tune up the engine a bit?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
congratulations on the new ex.

as far as the gauges are concerned i would go with the Isspro EV2 gauges.. you will need boost, pyro and trans temp.

another recommendation i have is to buy a larger trans cooler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys!

I just wanted to post some updates! Much has happened since I bought this beast from Sweden. Had a bit of problem with front brake caliper, which got stuck every now and then but today got new one straight from the US.

Heres some pics from past 2 months:

Got rid of those running boards which were pretty rusted from the inside and I think it looks more cleaner this way.

As soon as I got license plates I installed those Incubus rims with A/T tires. And of course needed to go a bit offroading. :p

As soon as I got back from Sweden I started brake repair project and same time I decided to PlastiDip those plastic sidepanels and bumpers.

This is me tearing PlastiDip off. :p Great stuff!

And I also replaced those old and worn out headlights.

And here´s how the front end looks like at the moment.

And side

And now im waiting to get my rims from sandblasting to paint them all matte black.

Also I have new cold air intake, Edge Evolution programmer with EGT measurement and IPCW LED Bermuda black taillights in Customs Post office. :p Cant wait to get those installed!

I still haven´t decided which liftkit I should get? Fabtec? BDS? ProComp? I think I´ll be looking for kit that lifts at least 6" coz I want to fit 37"x13,5" mudterrain tires under my truck.

Thanks for reading. If you want, here is some more photos and I´ll be updating this album every now and then.

Ford Excursion 2000 Limited Photos by NHuttunen | Photobucket

Cheers,
Nico

·
Registered
694 Posts
The plastidip looks good

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Scrap the edge and get a sct tuner edge is junk nothing but problems. Truck looks great I powder later my wheels flat black love them sure you will like the look as well. Congrats on the excursion would t trade mine for the world.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

For your first US vehicle you sure got a good one! 00 X was the only year with the forged rod motors. 170K miles is nothing for that motor.

I personally feel the nicest looking X would be the 05 all black. My 02 is mostly black but still would like to get the badges painted black and the plastic chrome pieces on the doors painted black too. Bought a Lincoln style black vertical grill on ebay recently and it looks nice. Had a set of 16in aftermarket rims sandblasted and powdered coated jet black along with the center caps and got black lug nuts, it looks pretty sharp!

My 00 is done with body work after an accident and had the gold moldings on the side and bumpers painted shiny black to match the body color. May leave the bumpers chrome or may have them powder coated, not sure. What I am planning to do with it before I start driving it is a 5 inch Icon suspension lift. Did a ton of research and found this kit to be the smoothest way to go for an aftermarket out of the box lift kit. Haven't ordered the lift kit yet but bought 7 Bilstein shocks for it. Going with the dual shocks in the front, 5100 series. The wheels will be the original Ford American Racing Atlas 16 inch wheels from the F250 with 35in BFG's.

Your X has a pick up grill on it, not sure if you know that. If your X has the original cup holders in the dash and middle center council it's worth upgrading to 03 style, trust me! Also if you don't lift it you will want to get 4x2 rear hatch shocks as you gain 2 inches of head room.

Told my wife she can daily drive the 02 X I get the 00 X! Once she sees it with the lift I know which one she'll want to drive...

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
For some good advise on what suspension setups work best with our Excursions I HIGHLY recommend contacting Cary at CT Performance Inc

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scrap the edge and get a sct tuner edge is junk nothing but problems. Truck looks great I powder later my wheels flat black love them sure you will like the look as well. Congrats on the excursion would t trade mine for the world.
Hmm, really.? :eek: Edge has worked just fine for now. Is SCT Tuner much better.? Im looking for doing other mods also as soon as Im happy with exterior and interior first. :D Also planned of installing Ebersprächer or Webasto heater before getting more power out of it.

Welcome to the forum!

For your first US vehicle you sure got a good one! 00 X was the only year with the forged rod motors. 170K miles is nothing for that motor.

I personally feel the nicest looking X would be the 05 all black. My 02 is mostly black but still would like to get the badges painted black and the plastic chrome pieces on the doors painted black too. Bought a Lincoln style black vertical grill on ebay recently and it looks nice. Had a set of 16in aftermarket rims sandblasted and powdered coated jet black along with the center caps and got black lug nuts, it looks pretty sharp!

My 00 is done with body work after an accident and had the gold moldings on the side and bumpers painted shiny black to match the body color. May leave the bumpers chrome or may have them powder coated, not sure. What I am planning to do with it before I start driving it is a 5 inch Icon suspension lift. Did a ton of research and found this kit to be the smoothest way to go for an aftermarket out of the box lift kit. Haven't ordered the lift kit yet but bought 7 Bilstein shocks for it. Going with the dual shocks in the front, 5100 series. The wheels will be the original Ford American Racing Atlas 16 inch wheels from the F250 with 35in BFG's.

Your X has a pick up grill on it, not sure if you know that. If your X has the original cup holders in the dash and middle center council it's worth upgrading to 03 style, trust me! Also if you don't lift it you will want to get 4x2 rear hatch shocks as you gain 2 inches of head room.
Ohh, really? Didn´t know that it has forget rods! Nice. :p Actually, when I was at american car meeting\cruising a few of guys were thinking that mine Ex has a 6.0l engine because it idled so smoothly. :D and yeah, im really happy with my purchase. almost 6k driven and simply lovin' it even though it is quiet thirsty sometimes. :D Diesel costs here about 1,49€\L which is equal to $7,70\us gal.

I've read a lot about ICON suspensions, but is it really worth of money? Im happy with original suspension handling, but I just want it to be higher. :D Im looking to spend something like 1700 euros incl. shipments to my suspension which is something like $2300, so I think ICON wont fit to my budget.?

I've been looking for these two kits. Any opinions?

http://www.summitracing.com/dom/parts/exp-k4018bmx/ or http://www.summitracing.com/dom/parts/exp-k4016bmx/

Yeah, I think that front end has hitted something at some point so that's why it is replaced with pick-ups grill. Still kinda like it that way. :) I also like my truck to be all-black, but I didnt want to ruin my chrome bumpers so I decided to PlastiDip it. So anytime if I want I can just remove that dip layer and then I'll have shine chrome again. :) My center console has been replaced with pick-up center bench, or "sofabench". :D But I would like to get cup holders instead. Got to look into it. Thanks. :p

For some good advise on what suspension setups work best with our Excursions I HIGHLY recommend contacting Cary at CT Performance Inc
Ok, thanks! Got to send him a message and ask for his opinion!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm. Maybe a few fresh pics:

Cheeers and best of luck for tonights game against Belgium in the World Cup:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts