Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So installed new trans and torque converter. Flushed the lines replaced filter, and OTA cooler. Its tough to describe but the 3-5 shift seems to be the problem child.

Sometimes it will shift ok, feels really firm, like to the point it shakes the hole truck/dash. Other times is feels firm but yet graceful. Three times now on 3/4-WOT runs it shifted into 4th not 5th. It did some weird stuff then, didn't want to shift into 6th so i had to stop and restart from 1st. then it shifted from 3-5,6. I had custom tune re-written for the trans from Innovative Diesel.

I might just be paranoid but should the shift feel so harsh? Or is that normal on a stage 1. According to EDE this is what was done:

Our Heavy Duty Trans. Upgraded Raybestos Clutch material and clutch quantity for greater surface area to allow for better holding power. Kolene steels for resistance to heat and wear.

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
Do you let the trans warm up before you romp on it? Also did you give the trans time to relearn after loading a tune. I would try a different tune and see what that does as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did let it warm up, and gave it a solid 50 miles. I progressively started giving it more and more. not just all at once. Today is seems to be doing much better. I think its taking longer to re-learn then i remember. I have a different tune company sending me a file. I'll give that one a try and see how that one does. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts