Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a coolant filter setup from Performance Machine & MFG. I liked theirs because it came with a complete setup that didn't require cutting any hoses. Came in today, so I put it on real quick. Any way, looks like most other kits, but here are a few pics:

·
loud and long
567 Posts
That is nice. Not having to cut any hoses is definitely a plus. What was the cost if u don't mind me asking

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sweet setup. This is exactly what I wanted. Glad I waited just a little longer. Thanks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Did u loose a bunch of coolant while doing this?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
756 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the link

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good, I should be getting mine any day now.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is that T plastic? I have see those T's collapse with the heat and a hose clamp. I have a diesel site and there T is all aluminum. Just a thought.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Is that T plastic? I have see those T's collapse with the heat and a hose clamp. I have a diesel site and there T is all aluminum. Just a thought.
Yep. I had plastic T's that were much beefier than those collapse on me, went to brass.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went back today and drilled three little hole in the plastic on top of the radiator and used zip-ties to hold the hose in place. Looks much more finished to me like this:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The "T" going to the reservoir is brass, the "T" at the heater hose connection, on the passenger side of the engine is plastic.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Yes it looks like the same kind of plastic as other plastic coolant parts on the engine. Where did you get the brass T that is in the heater hose?

·
546 Posts
I asked this on another coolant filter thread but does any one know if they sell this kit with different color lines ? Or where i could get other color lines because blue wouldnt look good under my hood seeing that it orange under there. Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
PMM doesn't sell different color lines YET. They are working on getting different colors, and hopefully let us know soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts