Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my new clear headlights and had my buddy at Ford install them. Night time comes and i cant see chit!! Took them back the next day had him re-adjust.. and sill cant see chit! The lighting is horrible. its just scatted.. its hard to explain. Tonight ill try and take some pics and post the up. I even bought some Sliverstar Ultras and could tell a difference but the way the light shines out on the street is very bad, very scattered. Oh and adjusting them is a damn nightmare!

Anyone else have problems with these lights? Did i get an effective pair?? Send me a Ebay link to where you guys got yours and maybe ill by another set and try them. Leaving for Denver in a week so need a fast fix!

Please help!

·
Registered
947 Posts
well, with my HID's I have Alot..of scattered light, so I don't see much of an issue, even having them aimed nice and low,

And adjusting them is hell, Just like my experience with the stockers.. cant really get away from that with a 90's ford truck

if any thing aim them a bit higher than normal and see if you can more visibility, And what seller on Ebay? How much did you pay$?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
Ive seen them in trucks and they look great to me, as far as looks, but in my opinion your right, you cant see nearly as good

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, they're not really euro if they say DOT now are they????

·
Registered
947 Posts
I don't see them effecting my light at all, But who knows, I've got pretty much the exact same ones, But different seller

They real bright wid HIDs ;)

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Mine are fine with the Clears and Smoked.

I bet they just aren't aimed good

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Do they had a reflector in front of the bulb? If they do you need a light that shines straight ahead into the reflector. Stock bulbs have a gray tip that cannot be used

·
PSD
958 Posts
I have those and also have HIDs, lights up the road just fine.

·
Wanna Do More Mods
13 Posts
mine is somewhat scattered, but ten times better than the stockers

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
hmmm, mine work 10x better than the stock ones. no scattered light, i feel like im driving a car at night.

·
look what i can do
1,833 Posts
ive had 3 sets and love them! bout to go to the black one piece set and whenever i find an obs reg cab dually it will get a set. my only problem is that ive had HID's for a year and a half and had to put sylvania silverstars in do to a bad ballast and i cant see #### see so dim

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
ive had 3 sets and love them! bout to go to the black one piece set and whenever i find an obs reg cab dually it will get a set. my only problem is that ive had HID's for a year and a half and had to put sylvania silverstars in do to a bad ballast and i cant see #### see so dim
Ive never seen a one piece set, do you have a pic of them?

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
ive had 3 sets and love them!
I have one of the original first production sets back from 2001.....they are 10x better than my stock ones EVER were.....

Also, Not sure what everyone is saying about HARD to adjust.....seems pretty easy to me....:poke:

·
airman
1,064 Posts
I have the 1 piece like above but not black and lighting is fun its just I had to adjust so much my headlights are gapped. no big deal really, but everyone thinks my headlights are about too fall out

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Hope the housings are designed for hids..if not won't be any better than any other housing..light scatter.

Bigstroker..you try them?

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Hope the housings are designed for hids..if not won't be any better than any other housing..light scatter.

Bigstroker..you try them?
Nah I haven't just found them on Ebay

·
97 250 7.3 PowerStroke
165 Posts
How do these fit in a 97 250?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts