Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New chip

1K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
I got my beans chip in the mail today and installed it. OW MY GOD!! i never knew my truck could run like that.
2 concerns
1. In hot mode when i start off it feels as if the tranny in slipping or jurking but it goes away when the RPM's get up. Is this normal or is it a tuning issue? or something else?
2. In the hot mod when i go WOT and its shifts to third gear it will rev up o about 3000/3100 and kill back then shift in a jerk. a pretty hard jerk not like the rest of the shifts(quick and crisp). Is this the motor defueling because of the high boost then shifting or is this a tuning issue?

But overall its awsome!!

#4 ·
My bet is both are TC lockup. Its bit unnerving if you have not felt it before. I know it was for me. Almost like its short shifting and leaves you counting shifts as you are trying to figure it out.

A good suggestion would be to get a BTS or JW valve body and do not punish it to often or it will let go on you eventually. Want to push it hard yet not go for a full BTS build: Add a stallion or at least a 6.0 adapted TQ converter and with the valve body it should hold up fine at those power levels. Start adding injectors turbo and you will need a BTS or JW.

#5 ·
yeah, the lockup can be adjusted in the tuning, and you can have lockup in every gear, but it'll only do it if the computer allows it. I'm running a low stall TC, and Matt was able to tune it for earlier lockup to compensate for it. (because i really didn't want to drop another 600 on a standard stall TC)

#9 ·
Tuning controls when the convert locks up.

Do you have guages? Can you do any data logging? On the last one:
You go WOT from stand still. You snap thru 1-2-3 and in 3 it will run up 3100 and then jerk hard. Then after that you still get a final shift into OD 4th?

Still sounds like a TQ converter lock up but with a bit of convert slippage which all the stockers have.

#10 ·
I cant wait to get a chip in mine...got a banks big hoss on my desk but im scared to put it on....

#12 ·
I do have gauges just got them this week as well. I just couldnt wait till this weekend to try out my chip.:doh: But definatly installing them this weekend. Gonna drive it easy untill then.
I dont have acces to do data logging

And no it snaps from 1st to 2nd then the jerking is from 2nd to 3rd and snaps 3rd to 4th. Im not so sure that its TC lock up because it seems like it looses power then jerks hard and pull hard again.

#20 ·
The very first thing I woudl do is get those gauges in ASAP then if you already have it the boost fooler otherwise the valve body as we are talking about things that are going to protect your parts other than the boost fooler. Form what I have seen posted about defueling it did not come back in like you are experiencing. I run Matts tunes now which do not require a fooler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.