Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with the bedrug b/c I couldn't afford to remove my old bedliner and spray another one in.

It is supposed to be weather, oil, chemical resistant type of plastic liner. I do like the fitment.

opinions?

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
Looks great. I'd love to have one for my truck. Let us know how it holds up.

·
Stroked
136 Posts
Will it hold up being exposed to the elements? or is it intended for use with a topper?

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
Txfireman has one and it looks fine. I think he's had it a while.

·
That could be
240 Posts
looks good

·
No 6.0
625 Posts
Will it hold up being exposed to the elements? or is it intended for use with a topper?
They say they don't need a topper. But, if I didn't have a tonneau on my truck, I don't know if I would run one or not.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Looks great for sure!!

just wonder how great it would look after getting some mulch or better yet loam in the bed. Or just cleaning up leaves around the yard or having gas or coolant spilled on it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
^^^^ what he said

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I wonder how it is going to smell with rain leaves beer and snuff cans in it? btw your camera date is off......... looks good though. I couldnt have one it would smell horible with all the deer hogs and fish that get thrown in my bed.lol

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They say they don't need a topper. But, if I didn't have a tonneau on my truck, I don't know if I would run one or not.
Don't need one but maybe down the road, I'm going to leave it be for the time being!

Looks great for sure!!

just wonder how great it would look after getting some mulch or better yet loam in the bed. Or just cleaning up leaves around the yard or having gas or coolant spilled on it.
thx, it does look good and seems to be functional.

If I'm working with leaves I always throw down big tarp or plastic when collecting them up to take them somewhere to burn...supposedly you can throw rock, dirt, etc in it no problem. I already have a few leaves and exposed it to water washing my truck but not really tested it on anything with any chemicals in it.

I wonder how it is going to smell with rain leaves beer and snuff cans in it? btw your camera date is off......... looks good though. I couldnt have one it would smell horible with all the deer hogs and fish that get thrown in my bed.lol
I did expose it to beer last weekend at the Royals gameLOL My friends are idiots at times. Camera date is screwed up, I tried to re-set it twice now. I don't hunt or haul anything bloody in my bed, diesel & gasoline on occasion.

I think it looks great! The real question is if it will still look great a year from now.
I hope it last and looks as good as it does now for more than 1 year from now:poke: I was hoping to see if anyone was running one and could fill me in on durability and how they hold up!

I will get another tonneau cover for my truck again eventually but for now I'm going to expose it to the elements!

I will let you guys know how it holds up over time.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I did expose it to beer last weekend at the Royals gameLOL My friends are idiots at times. Camera date is screwed up, I tried to re-set it twice now. I don't hunt or haul anything bloody in my bed, diesel & gasoline on occasion.
Haha so are mine but I am sure they say the same about me. If its anything like the carpet in my boat you should be golden,

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
my dad has one in his 2010 dually, he pulled it out of his 2004 dually and put it in the new one, very nice unit, i'd recommend them for sure, his was covered up with a ARE bed topper most of the time. Makes the bed alot more comfy place to be, specially with a lady in it with you! LOL

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my dad has one in his 2010 dually, he pulled it out of his 2004 dually and put it in the new one, very nice unit, i'd recommend them for sure, his was covered up with a ARE bed topper most of the time. Makes the bed alot more comfy place to be, specially with a lady in it with you! LOL
LOLLOL:D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha so are mine but I am sure they say the same about me. If its anything like the carpet in my boat you should be golden,
I'm pretty sure its darn durable stuff similar to a boat I assume! I will get a cover eventually to help prolong the life of it!

·
Registered
545 Posts
How does it fasten in there? I would be worried about it blowing out. You see those plastic liners laying along the highway pretty often. It looks really good though.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How does it fasten in there? I would be worried about it blowing out. You see those plastic liners laying along the highway pretty often. It looks really good though.

It has some real sticky adhesive type backing that is velcro'd to the bed rug and stuck on my bed...A bunch of it!

Well I've driven atleast 500 miles already going anywhere from 0-90mph hasn't blown out yetLOL

It is stuck in there pretty darn good!

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
it won't go anywhere, you'll be fine, i've had the topper off and the truck up to around 120mph and it hasn't gone anywhere. It sticks well.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to know!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts