Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went ahead and got rid of the DP, yesterday. Jonathan from BDP, was on vacation down here in Florida, and offered up some tunes for me. All i can say is holy shizz. Its unbelievable how smooth these tunes are, and seems to still put out some power. We didnt really get to do the live tune, as i didnt have the right version pcm, and he didnt quite bring all his stuff. But hes commin back in a few weeks and is gonna fine tune it for me. Plus gonna play with a few other truck too.

Compared to my old tunes its a night and day difference. My injectors are so much quieter now. Almost like stock. The tunes are not jumpy at all, you have to use the pedal now. Very very smooth. His choice of shifting is very nice too. I opted for the quick firm shift without the bang. The whisper tune is a trip. Kinda reminds me of a diesel version of Airwolf. Shuts her right up. His stock tune, is well. As close to stock as you could get. No matter what you have. Its like its stock. I did some towing today, the tow tune i used to run, would run my egts at 1000 degrees at 65 with the cruise on. And my boost would be close to 10 psi. Now at 65 its down to 800 degrees and my boost was around 5 psi. Which prolly means im pullin some better mpgs to top it all. The hot tune is nice too. Pulls some fuel out of the bottom end, so it kinda lights my charger alittle quicker. Even thought its a Turbonetics, and not even the BB unit, it seems to still light good. Even better now. My old tunes would fuel pretty hard out of the hole, and kinda choked my turbo for a sec. All in all, its a winner. And i would highly suggest Jonathan for tunes. I can say he has honestly put in some serious hours on his tunes, and it shows. Hopefully get some dyno time with him in 2 weeks, and fine tune it.
Then gonna take it to the track and do some comparisions.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
mmmmmmm....kinda wants to make me switch too.but wont happen right now

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Im looking at getting some tunes for the 2002 I just bought and am seriously considering Beans for the tunes. How long would a stock tranny live with these same tunes?

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im looking at getting some tunes for the 2002 I just bought and am seriously considering Beans for the tunes. How long would a stock tranny live with these same tunes?
He can pretty much make it what you want. My stock tranny went threw a Bully Dog for about 6 months, the worst of all, Edge Juice for over a year, and my tunes from DP for 2 years. These tunes from Jonathan shift excellent. They are crisp and firm, But not harsh. Very very nice. Check him out, he will do you right.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i went to beans por my tunning about two months ago and think there great would tell any one to call them up.

·
Caption This
4,261 Posts
My injectors are so much quieter now. Almost like stock. The tunes are not jumpy at all, you have to use the pedal now. Very very smooth. His choice of shifting is very nice too.
My 10 year old Banks chip is like that.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My 10 year old Banks chip is like that.
i know a friends 13 year old banks chip is way better then a DP. i was looking at trying some of beans tunes some day.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
another happy beans customer.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know a friends 13 year old banks chip is way better then a DP. i was looking at trying some of beans tunes some day.
Ill give DP more credit than that. Theres no Banks chip gonna run with Jodys tunes.

·
Caption This
4,261 Posts
Ill give DP more credit than that. Theres no Banks chip gonna run with Jodys tunes.
It is rare to find a Banks chipped truck that has made enough power to knock the motor mount off with a rod.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
I don't see why anyone has to knock Jody's tunes in this thread that was kind of uncalled for. It was kind of stupid as well because as said a banks chip isn't gonna out do much of anything ecxept for cost. I have been reading on beans tunes and the numbers and work being done is awesome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't see why anyone has to knock Jody's tunes in this thread that was kind of uncalled for. It was kind of stupid as well because as said a banks chip isn't gonna out do much of anything ecxept for cost. I have been reading on beans tunes and the numbers and work being done is awesome.
x2,Jody & Johnathon,both good guys both tunes have their places and heathy competition will keep them both on their game and better tunes for us.my thoughts,Wade

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Why knock them??? Cause there's a ton of people unhappy with there $400 or whatever amount investment thats why...

Ps Pulled my DP off. I was losing sleep thinking about how bad my injectors were rattling.... I'd rather be stock and slow then a fawking time bomb. I know I'll get yelled at for "bashing" them but I wish someone would have told me.
No problem here with DP tuner,now why don't we get back to the original topic.(BEANS TUNES)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.