Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the site but i have been reading on hear for along time. i have a e99 f250 with the 7.3. I got a k&n cold air intake dymond eye 4" exhast from the turbo back, ts chip , glowshift max tow egt gauge, and a ccv mod. my problom is this yesterday i put a new icp on my truck but didnt change the pluge an when i was leaving work it started sputtering an so i jump out and changed the plug out. After i did that it sputtered one more time an then it didnt do it anymore untill right before i got to work witch is about 30 miles from my house. As i was leaving my house it puffed alittle white smoke for the first time since i have had the truck now it was about 10 degrees out side this morning where i am at. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I AM STUMPED!!!!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why did you change the ICP, did it have oil in the plug? Did you put in a Ford ICP? After market sensors tend to be junk on these motors. Have you changed the CPS lately? Did the truck throw any codes? How much fuel was in your tank when it started sputtering? It might of been gelled up some.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the icp had oil in it, and i used a napa icp cause of the fact that i work at napa. and no i have not changed the cps out yet, should i change it? the truck had about a half of a tank in it when it did this an i have a anti gel additive in it to keep it from geling. do you think it could be a bad ipr?

and thank you for your replay

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you unplug the ICP does anything change? The truck should go into a limp mode. You could check the IPR to make sure the tin nut is still tight on the back of it. If you put a CPS on it don't use a Napa one. Get one from Ford or IH.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i looked at the tin nut an it looked like it was still there. I unplugged it to see if it was stuck but the truck wouldnt crank so i know the ipr isnt stuck. an the funny thing is, is that it doesnt sputter all the time it has only done it 3 times since i put the new icp in. It done it once with the old plug and 2 times with the new pluge. Could it be a faulty icp?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is it throwing an SES light? I was told by everyone that owns a 7.3 don't ever buy any sensors other than ones from Ford or IH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts