Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05 f250 studded, egr updated and more to come
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off want to say thanks to this site that has helped over the years on random work. And now I am a new owner of a 05 f250!

already putting in work with the ficm and will post my horror story of a defective Dorman board. Now with the ficm fixer complete stock module and I’m back to running better than ever!
So none the less. Happy to be here and I will be posting progress and asking a bunch of questions! Lol.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, today with the help of my Uncle, got the next upgrade to do for tomorrow. It’s a 320a alt from AutoTech in Riverside Ca. Going to test the batteries at Oriellys, however I did charge em up twice during my FICM fiasco. And 2 days ago with the truck off, listening to the radio for 10 min I needed a jump. So this alt along with the cable upgrades, should help do the trick to keep these batteries charged longer. They where installed in 4/20 and are the ford Motorsport 65’s. Before I jump guns, getting the battery’s tested first..

Here are some pics of the FICM horror story from Dorman. I’m just glad , oriellys let me return it..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Light Finger Gas Automotive exterior Circuit component

this was the stock board. The bottom of the board is what gave me the issues. See howlong or short I should say the terminals are?

and below is the Dorman replacement: I didn’t notice how the tips where significantly longer and ended up touching the case causing a short and my50A fuse to blow and sending me down the rabbit hole of checking pins and connectors and wiring..
Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Machine Bumper

after the ficm fixer came in, truck now starts way faster when cold! I will make a thread for this truck and what I do to it.

Salud!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts