Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello everyone. I'm the proud new owner of a 08 f350 dually. It has what I believe to be a skyjacker 6 inch lift. Currently 163k miles. Loving every minute of my new ford so far except the milage haha. Had a Cummins Megacab before and I had to rebuild the engine myself due to a stuck injector so I'm hoping I have better luck this time!

This truck was sold in an auction a while back and I googled it and seen some auction pictures. It was a little rough to see. No bed and sitting on rims with rough interior. Glad someone saved it. Since 2013 the previous owner had only put about 1500 miles. Not sure if that's good or bad. Does have a small oil drip I haven't looked into yet.

I have a few questions y'all me be able to help with. It's an XLT that someone removed the cloth seats from and put in leather. Now I assume since it has leather seats they would also have the heaters in them? How would i check this and hopefully make them work if I do have them?

Also, it came with one key and a key fob. The fob does nothing. I tried to put it in program mode with no luck. Dealer tried too while I stopped in for an inspection. How can i tell if keyless entry was factory on my truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Welcome to the 6.4 world! Sounds like this beast had a rough paper route! I'm not sure how to see if the leather seats are heated or not, but I had the same experience with my key and fob! I bought my truck as a 2nd owner and only got a key and no fob. I purchased a replacement fob online. Once I got the fob I too tried putting my truck into "learn mode" with never getting a result. Long story short I called my local dealer and gave them my vin and asked to see if remote entry was even on my build sheet. They confirmed that my truck was not showing any signs of having remote entry capabilities and went on to say it was a custom build and that certain xlt options were selected and other were omitted from the build BC that's how the previous owner ordered it. I wound up going to my local speed shop and had them throw in an aftermarket remote start/keyless entry system and it only set me back 300. Ford wanted 800 for the OEM module installation..

Any other mods to the truck? Is it deleted and tuned? Welcome and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's not deleted and tuned yet. That in first on my list! Trying to see what tuners can actually be "race" ones. Looks like Spartan. Since h&s is no more. Or how hard is it to find an older sct tuner that can take the kem race tunes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well it's more about luck on finding a used one. Some find them same day and I know others that are still looking. They are hot and go quick. I myself would highly recommend Spartan as I run them myself and are considered to be one if not the best. But just for starters, you need egr, dpf delete, cold air intake and the egr high intake elbow for starters. Ccv mod is Highly recommended to keep oil out of your intercooler. There is a list of more depending on where you want to go but these are the major mods to start

1 - 4 of 4 Posts