Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a first time diesel owner, and looking for some insight. I bought a 2006 f250 king ranch. The body has about 235,000 miles on it, but it has a new motor (has about 3500 miles on it). It already has new studs, and EGR delete. I also just ordered an s&b intake, and a 4in hbrp turbo back exhaust. I was thinking about getting the SCT X4 as well. I want better fuel mileage, and to still be able to play around and go fast when I want. Am I missing anything else? I dont want to spend a bunch of money and tear anything up. Any other suggestions on what I should do to make this a long lasting, good running truck? Thabks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thabks! I have not. I do not know a lot about all of this. Kind of learning on the fly by reading stuff on here and all. Which one would you reccomend?

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,397 Posts
I, personally, would highly recommend getting a ficm from Bulletproof Diesel. Their products are life savers for these engines. When that normal ficm you got craps the bed, it can take out your injectors with it.

That, and just be on top of maintenance. Seems simple enough but I see so many trucks that have large issues that are rooted in a lack of basic filter and fluid change practices.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You want it reliable then leave the tuner off the truck.... you can build these up to be powerful with reliability but you are looking at a lot of coin... the biggest hurdle is done with that being the studs.

If you want work and some play, go with a swamps FICM with the atlas 40 or 80 tune, but to get full effect you will need imo bigger injectors. To stay reliable get swamps 155/30%’s with some tunes to match..

Add a coolant filter as well.

That’s where I would draw the line for being 100% reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
white truck black smoke
4 Posts
I have an 06 6.0 with 300,000 miles on it, I run DP Tuner files with their infinity monitor. They run really good but are conservative enough to not tear anything up. I have 60,000 miles with their tunes with no issues whatsoever. Also I really like the monitoring and diagnostic capabilities of the infinity monitor.

·
Native Californian
391 Posts
I want better fuel mileage, and to still be able to play around and go fast when I want. Am I missing anything else? I dont want to spend a bunch of money and tear anything up. Any other suggestions on what I should do to make this a long lasting, good running truck?
hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaa.......the holy grail. Nope, can't have it all. Make it dependable and enjoy it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts