Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Been there destroyed that
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought an '07 6.0 with 75,000 miles. The truck appears to me to be bone stock, but did come with a triple guage pod above the rearview mirror.

I deleted the cat and muffler as soon as I bought it, and two days ago I did my first hard pull. Toted the family camper about 400 miles. She performed great BUT I was pulling about a 35-40 mph head wind the whole time so I was working her pretty hard and when the engine fan would go to full lock up I would get a very strange squeal, I thought it mite be the belt squaking but not sure it almost sounded like an idler pully bearing squeal.... Any one have any other ideas???

Any help on this and any other questions I have in the future will be greatly appreciated, and I thank all of you for letting me become part of the Powerstrokenation........... :cool:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome! I had a similar problem with my 7.3 and it turned out to be the bearing in the front of the water pump. Try moving your fan towards the radiator and then back towards the motor and see if you have any play. The play will be up and down not in and out. At least mine was. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts