Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Runnin 20x10 mojaves now. There I think 5 bs -25 mm offset. I am thinking of going 17" rims again. I like the look, sidewalls bubbled a bit, and well every joe an there brother w a truck run "dubs" anymore. I think the wheel I want is 17x9 0 offset 4.5 bs. I am going either 315/70-17 duratrac or bfg at. However someone talk me out of bfg at 37's (says 36.6 od inflated) lot of guys seem to run 37's on there 6.4l w 2.5" leveling kit as I have and feel I have plenty of room. So is 37" maybe a bad idea on stock 250 axle. I have traction bars and all an love my power so Is it gonna be a bit more dog w the larger tire?

Any help is great.
Jim

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
Granted I have a 350 but I went from 35's to 37's and your axles will handle it. It won't be that noticeable for power loss. Will lose a minor amount of mpg in city but gain a little on highway depending on how you drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had 37s for a month or 2 now and barely noticed a difference in power from the 35s

·
Registered
289 Posts
how much lift you 2 guys running for 37's?

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts
I have 3" level then trimmed my fenders an inch then bent another inch around on the front. Plus trimmed I think an inch off the bumper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 10.5" lift but I had them on an 8" when i first got them and the guy I bought the rims and tires from had them on a 6"

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have 3" level then trimmed my fenders an inch then bent another inch around on the front. Plus trimmed I think an inch off the bumper.
Got any pics of the 37s

·
Wondering what if
828 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had 37" tires with 4:10 gears and could tell a huge differance when I regeared to 4:30, I have the 7.3L psd.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I have 325 60 20's and I had to bend and trim my fenders.

·
Built Not BOUGHT
93 Posts
Depends on the truck and how its set up IMHO. I would consider if fuel economy is a concern and go from there. My brother has an 08 running 37s and all he noticed was a substantial loss in fuel economy and a little bit more lag off the line.

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
one of my buddies went from 35s to 37s, he didnt lose any power put his egts went up about 150-200 degrees.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts