Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New 2002 sd

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  OSCS 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2002 sd 7.3 6 speed. It has a edge juice in it. I have been searching the forum and found the edge is not very popular but have not been able to find out why. Can anyone tell me? Also I just finished changing the o-rings in the oil cooler on my wife excursion. Messy job!!!

#2 ·
Can be a lil hard on tranny, tune can run hot, especially for power they produce.
If it is the guage set you could run it in stock mode qnd chip the truck, bill at php may know of some tricks, but his price on chips is pretty good reson to call reguardless.

#3 ·
Since it s new to you check, the orings on the fuel filter drain valve for leaking, ball joints if it is 4wd,dont be surprised if water pump craps out at 120k +\-

#4 ·
So I finally go a chance to crawl around the truck. I did not see any leaks from the filter, I do have a front tire wearing funny but I think it has the original shocks with 129k and the front right does not sound good. I has a 4" exhaust starting from where I believe the cat was, no muffler so I it is pretty loud. How important is it to go larger exhaust all the way to the turbo? Also I had something strange happen. I had the engine light come on briefly and the truck kept running but I had no power, the pedal would not respond and I could not get any boost. It only lasted for around 2-4 minutes but it has me worried. The truck has not done it again. I was not romping on it when it happened, I was cruising at 45mph. Any ideas? The edge juice was on setting 3.

#8 ·
I disagree I ran 3 inch with no cat or muffler and the moment I went 4" from the turbo back I noticed a big difference. Better high end power slightly cooler egt. And the truck was clearly flowing more air due to a noticeable decrease in smoke

#6 ·
Thanks, I thought it might be limp mode. The fire departments ambulance where I work did somehting similar years ago and went into limp. It did it to me again this morning while on the economy setting. Once the truck has gone into limp mode does it continue to do so? Is there a way to clear it? I think I may need to get rid of the edge. If I run the edge on the stock setting is it really stock?

#9 ·
No tuner is ever "stock" on the stock setting but mearly their interpretation of stock. But it's pretty damn close most of the time.

#7 ·
get a chip with custom tunes. The edge is okay but you will really love what some custom tunes can do for a truck.

#10 ·
I would just pull the edge and you'll prob. find it wont do that again. Call Cale at Tyrant and get some mild tunes Econo,tow, 50,80.. since what I'm guessing your bone stock, for now you'll get the most thrill out of good tunes Deffinately get some kind of free flow intake... & if you have extra $$$ sure go get 4" turbo back cant hurt every little bit helps!! If short on $$ you can make an intake dirt cheap!! or keep checking classifieds.. Hate to say it but I would just chalk it up to learning curve and chunk that Edge, help rid the planet of em..screw it as a monitor also, get some gauges plenty of good gauge package deals!! hope this helps?

#11 ·
If you run guages i Have some black autometer guages with stock color backlight I'm looking to get rid of. All you will need is probes at that point

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.