Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when i went out to crank my truck i let the wait to start light go off then cranked it. It cranked for approx. 10 sec then i quit. I cycled the key and tryed it again and it fired right up as it normally would other than it blew out a big cloud of mixed black/white smoke? Anyone know what could cause this?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump bump

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
is your truck not running right now? cel? if no to both of those wait longer then 10 mins to bump your own thread......

FWIW my truck has done that before, wouldnt fire on the first time I let the gps do their job.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No truck is running still is but glow plugs are brand new thats why it blew me away

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o and no cel

·
I helped make ur rimz....
619 Posts
any white smoke appear while you were cranking?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
probably wasnt really paying attention she normally pops right off with no hesitation

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was replaced a couple thousand miles before Glow plugs

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My truck will do the same thing once in a while.

Almost chokes the stack out with a greyish hazey smoke.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I know what happened.

It happens to me every now and then. You must've had the key on for a little too long, and the GPR switched off. Then, you tried to crank it, but the cylinders were too cold to fire. Then, when you turned it off, and back on, it reavtivated the GP's, giving you heat for the fire. The smoke and haze was the unburnt fuel from you trying to fire the truck with no GP's.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Makes a little more sense now just kinda freaked me out HAHA im trying to get money for my injectors and chip not other prblems

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I know what happened.

It happens to me every now and then. You must've had the key on for a little too long, and the GPR switched off. Then, you tried to crank it, but the cylinders were too cold to fire. Then, when you turned it off, and back on, it reavtivated the GP's, giving you heat for the fire. The smoke and haze was the unburnt fuel from you trying to fire the truck with no GP's.
That's kinda what I figured it was. Somethin along the lines of unburnt fuel.

Just couldn't put it in those fancy technical terms. Thanks for clearing it up

·
Registered
433 Posts
What does it mean when it blows gray white smoke out! mine does all the time!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts