Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
lost in space
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 F350 7.3 EXT CAB SB on 35's, it has never rolled smoke, ever, and ive had some pretty good loads. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
whats wrong with that? Most of us dont like smoke around here

·
lost in space
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it doesnt seem to be making power. slow to get goin under a load, but like a sling shot when its empty

·
lost in space
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its got a banks muffler, other that that its stock

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
well for one its sittin on 35's

·
lost in space
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its got 4.30 gears, i thought 35's wouldnt hurt it

·
lost in space
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its a strange truck, factory dana 80 limited slip in the rear XL with pwr windows, door locks, seats, but no cd or tape player

·
Buffalo Diesel
280 Posts
Just so you know - Smoke is a byproduct of too much fuel and not enough air. When you don't roll smoke, your fuel is all being burnt and you're making all of the power you can at that fuel level. A tuner from one of the vendors on the site will be able to sell you a chip that will allow you to make a lot more power and also roll smoke whenever you want to.

The reason some guys don't like smoke is because of some of the legal ramifications that the diesel community now has to deal with because of excessive smoke and the public's perception of said smoke. So, not only is it wasted fuel, and no extra power, it doesn't look good. So, the feds are cracking down on us now.

I'm not going to lie, I like to roll some smoke now and then, but once I get the new charger under the hood, I plan on putting that extra fuel to use, and not to smoking out an intersection.

·
lost in space
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it is a SRW, and thank you Jack_Toepfer, (good answer w/o smart ass comments) that lets me know that it must be running like it should be. ive only had it for 2 or 3 months. ive had 2 f250 work trucks, they smoked like a train when i was in a hurry to get somewhere. this is my first personal diesel ride

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
prolly not a dana 80 then if its srw at least not from the factory... those only came on duallys...

·
lost in space
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BOM says it is an 80. a local puller looked at it and said it was also. ive always ran 4runners, so im not real sure about the parts in this real truck

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
post a pic of it, take a pic of the diff cover...guess i did't know you could get a 80 single rear wheel

·
lost in space
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill try to get some pics up in the next day or so, the rear end is freakin huge. the truck came from the NAVY base in indy. another question. is the front axles, dana 60, suppost to have a bunch of play when its not locked in? if the wheel is cut to the left you can grab the ujoint (its fine) and move the axle foward and backwards about.125". is this normal?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
that might explain it then if its a 80. military usually has heavy duty shiet that you normally cant get..

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I want to see a picture of this freak truck. Extended cab short bed DRW is one of the most rare Super Duty's there are, since yours is single, it's not as rare, but if it really has an 80 under it, then it must have been something special.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts