Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in New Orleans working on the Levee's for a couple month's and I brought my R.V. up here and are staying in a R.V. park. I towed my R.V. here with my 99 7.3 F250 super duty.
I am Salary so I get to drive my company truck home, my company shipped it here on a transport. I get a new truck every year so I'm driving a 2010 gasser super duty F250, base model.
The guy four trailer's down from me had a 06 F250 4x4, he was asleep the other morning and heard his truck start, by the time he could get out of bed and get outside it was driving down the road.
My question is this, did his truck have the VAT's key? if so how did they get past that? I know how they got in it. Our company bleeds ford so we have had our fair share stolen and I have put many new door handles in after they are recovered since our trucks are a very distinctive color they are easy to spot, but all the ones that have been stolen before are earlier years.
My 2010 has a key that has a big black plastic head on it, I'm guesing that is a VAT's key? They got all ours (and his I'm guesing) by breaking the colum and pushing the rod down to start it.
So if they get into my 2010 can they steal it by doing the same thing? or something else without the key? Can a VAT's key truck be quickly stolen or stole by joyriding punks? a pro can steal any car I know.
I dont drive my 99 much at all so I pulled the IDM fuse, it will crank but not start. Since the neighbors on both sides of me both have "piecemakers" (and I do as well) laying next to us they will hear my 99 cranking and not starting, they are going to come out and "spread some piece".

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
sucks about the truck, I don't have a clue on the key

·
Registered
91 Posts
Where is New Orleans did it get stolen from? Any description?

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Dang that stinks!!:( hope he gets it back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts