Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I’m new to this forum. I have a 2001 ford Excursion 7.3 4x4 lifted. I have pretty major negative camber on my front passenger wheel. Since this is a straight axle I am led to believe that there is not camber adjustment. I was thinking it was a wheel bearing but there is no wheel play while it is in the air. Could it still be that? I chew through tires very quickly and its time to be fixed. Any help or input would be great. Thanks

·
Project Shamu
3,155 Posts
Axle could be bent, ball joints could be bad, or wheel bearing could be bad.

If you verify it's none of these things, then there is a cam bushing you can install in the top ball joint to adjust camber.

·
PSN intsigator
7,258 Posts
Wheel bearing or ball joint. Those are about your only to culprits

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
7,258 Posts
Dammit Dan beat me to it

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Axle could be bent, ball joints could be bad, or wheel bearing could be bad.

If you verify it's none of these things, then there is a cam bushing you can install in the top ball joint to adjust camber.
Wouldn't a bent axle cause a wobbly wheel and vibration instead of a constant negative camber? Would a picture help? I am fairly mechanically inclined but I am only 18 and don't know everything yet

·
Project Shamu
3,155 Posts
Wouldn't a bent axle cause a wobbly wheel and vibration instead of a constant negative camber? Would a picture help? I am fairly mechanically inclined but I am only 18 and don't know everything yet
A bent axle housing will not cause a vibration but it might be difficult to engage the hubs.

You are thinking about a bent axle shaft, which will cause a vibration, but will not cause camber.

·
Administrator
8,325 Posts
Pay $80 and have it aligned. If parts are bad they won’t align it and won’t charge you. Change out bad parts and alight it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts