Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old music guy
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten myself a 03 f 250 6.0 (I know it's rep). Already had EGR delete, just replaced oil cooler, engine runs well, truck in great shape, about 180'000 miles. What is best mods to enhance performance and order to do them in, any ideas out there?

·
Ford Firetruck
16 Posts
I dont own a 6.uhoh err i mean 6.GO but I have worked on them a little bit and researched them quite a lot. First off, install gauges before any performance modifications. At a minimum I would get a pyrometer but transmission temp and a boost gauge are also very nice. Although the 6.0 may have a tranny and boost gauge already on the factory cluster i would still install aftermarket gauges. A buddy of mine with a 6.0 likes his edge CTS (i believe) it is not a programmer but gives your gauges and the ability to pull codes.
Not to be a downer but before I would spend any money to go faster I would do a coolant flush and change to CAT EC1 ELC coolant, and install a coolant filtration system.
Remember how important oil changes at least every 5,000 miles are and also to use ONLY FORD FILTERS. PERIOD. END OF STORY. sorry im a WIX man sometimes but i would not do it on a 6.0. After all that fun stuff I would start with a 4" exhaust system because it is relatively easy to install and really makes a 6.0 sound mean. My buddy did a straight pipe turbo back (for offroad use only ;) ). After all that do your research and find a reputable custom company to get a chip burned. I would not use bullydog or superchips or other "generic" tunes. Hope I have been of some assistance, have fun and stay safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts