Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've swapped in a zf5 into my 96 psd. Installed ts 6 pos tuner for a manual truck. Hooked up the clutch pedal switch. No start. Doesn't turn over. What am I missing. Do I need to jumper anything on the old transmission wiring? A diagram or pinout would be fantastic. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Because I can!!!
1,641 Posts
If you are still using the auto trans wiring harness make sure the selector is in park or neutral. The only wires i jumped and i used the auto harness was for tye reverse lights and a wire from the steering column to the clutch pedal switch for tge cruise

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are still using the auto trans wiring harness make sure the selector is in park or neutral. The only wires i jumped and i used the auto harness was for tye reverse lights and a wire from the steering column to the clutch pedal switch for tge cruise
The selector? I swapped steering columns too. Do you mean I have to hook up the old tranny and shift it into park to trick the computer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I did not swap the pcm, am I going to have too? I heard you can get away without it. Thanks!

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,463 Posts
Plug in the manual pcm if you have it and try to start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found it. Jumper the two red/blue wires in the tranny connector by the brake booster. Thanks

·
Because I can!!!
1,641 Posts
I was referring to the selector on the transmission if you were to use the auto wiring harness which does the same thing as tye 2 wires you jumped

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
To Bypass the Auto trans Transmission Range Sensor for manual swap
At the plug that used to be plugged into the TRS:
Neutral Safety Switch:
Jumper wire 33 W/Pk Pin 5 to wire 32 R/LB pin 8 restores the safety start system and is in series with the Clutch Pedal Switch jumper (with auto) that is removed and that plug installed into Clutch Pedal Position Pedal Switch (with the stick install).

Backup Light Switch: (TRS on Auto Trans)
At the TRS plug:
Wire 298 P/O pin 7 and wire 140 Bk/Pk extended to manual trans backup light switch.

If you just jumpered the R/LB wires together then you have no clutch safety interlock for the starter relay or clutch interlock signal to the PCM. If you install the Clutch Pedal Position Switch replacing the Clutch Pedal Switch Jumper then you would have the factory starter interlock system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts