Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a few broken leafs. Getting some prices from some vendors of this site. Wondering which option would give me the best ride considering they all cost almost the same:

1. Icon 4" lift, front leafs, blocks in the rear

2. New V code front springs, 3" shackles in the front, 4"blocs

3. BDS 4" lift, front leafs, blocks in the rear

Or is there any other kit you would recommend for the smoothest ride?

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
Icon probably has the best riding springs, deaver is what they used to be back in the day.. when they went by Donahoe Racing.. Get the smooth riding leaves too for the rear if you can swing it $$ and dont do alot of towing. Which you probably do, since you have broken leaves?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Icon probably has the best riding springs, deaver is what they used to be back in the day.. when they went by Donahoe Racing.. Get the smooth riding leaves too for the rear if you can swing it $$ and dont do alot of towing. Which you probably do, since you have broken leaves?
I have no idea how the springs broke.... My guess is I bought it with the broken leaves... I never tow anything and if I did it would be my Mustang or a small boat.

I will look into the rears as well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Might want to move this to the suspension forum to gt a better response.

When you say smoothest if that means soft but not bouncy then if this is a pavement queen my vote is for stock V code or X code springs. The ICON spring will give a firmer front end ride ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL. That being shocks and bushing all the same etc.. Most change shocks and springs together and other parts so the effect is compounded.

There is no question that DEAVER springs are some of the VERY BEST and my pick for springs. That said ICON has not used DEAVER springs for some time as far as I know.

Hanger and shackle lift with stock X codes makes a very nice riding street truck.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured I would post it in this thread as my truck is the same year type so I won't have 6.0 and 6.4 guys recommending lift kits, unless of coarse they have had experiences with these lifts on leaf spring front ends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts