Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just finished my time in the service and moved back home to Northern NJ. Buying my first 6.0L in a couple weeks, and wanted to get your thoughts.
Its a 06 crew cab lariat FX4 with 116k on it. I had a shop look it over and they couldnt find anything wrong.
What are your recommendations on some first maintenance / mods that should be taken care of first to prevent common issues with this motor?
I appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Welcome and thanks for your service.
Install a coolant filter
Get some gauges like the Edge CTS, CS or ScangaugeII
Fuel pressure gauge, pressure under 45lbs at WOT kills injectors
Use only Ford or Racor filters, use a 5w40 Syn oil
Do alot of reading.
2 stroker

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
:whs: Aside from changing out the filters with FORD Motorcraft filters, some good synthetic oil like either Amsoil or Mobil 5w-40 is gonna be your best place to start. Then I personally would get an Edge CTS to monitor your oil and coolant temp delta to make sure all is good there as this device can be expanded later on when you want/need to monitor more things like EGTs and fuel pressure and whatever else you want to. Then depending how everything pans out with that you can look to add power but first get all of the reliability taken care of first and whatever you do, do not get anything for more power but a SCT with some custom tunes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts