Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What lift?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want to know what you guys would do with the truck.
Here is the truck as it sits now.

And this is what it normaly tows

Not sure if you can see it but the trailer has flipped axles and we use a 7 inch rise hitch to make the truck and trailer level so his is why I am thinking a 7 inch lift. So I am going to make a poll and tell me guys what you would do if it was your truck.
Thanks
Nick

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Re: Need your guys opion.

If its a 7" lifted hitch, you wont need a 7" lift on the truck because the bigger tires will also lift the truck... I would go with a 4" or 6" lift probably, but im not sure on lift to tire size on the newer trucks so i dont know what size tire.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts

I Think this thing would look pretty sick with some 22 inch wheels!:ford:

·
Registered
249 Posts

4 inch with some 22.5 10 lugs

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts

start with the 4.5" Icon and if your looking for a little more room add in the Icon 1" TEI spacer, or a 2" or 2.5" Leveling kit spacer for the front and change the rear block accordingly.

I love the alcoa look of the 19.5's but at the same time the 22's are even better.

·
Registered
386 Posts

I would say level it and put 35's on it. I think that would be pretty sweet

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts

Since its not my truck i say 4.5" with 22's. But either way i would go 4.5" and just look which wheels size (19.5 or 22) will have the right size, price, and load rated tire for you...

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts

Since its not my money, I say a 4.5" lift and some nice 22's and 37" tires. Since you have a 450, your already geared low, so you would have no problem turning the bigger tires and wheels. Great looking rig BTW.

-French

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

So you guys are thinking somthing like this?
05-08 Ford Superduty

Do you guys think with a 4.5 lift and 19.5 rims I could go 36 or 37's?

I am just trying to see if 4.5 will be enough. I just don't want to spend all this money and then be like well it still looks stock ish?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts

Thats why I was saying 4.5" and then add a spacer if you want instead of going 7" and then maybe finding out its too tall (if there is even such a thing) and giving you trouble towing or getting in and out.

From that same site, certainly doesn't look stock over some 35's

http://www.superduty-hq.com/Gallery/ford/05sd0074.jpg

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts

im not sure a 7" lift and bigger tires will make it very fun to pull a trailer with....

I thought your 08 was white nick?

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Ok guys just went on put the truck 7 inches in the air and that is plenty high. So here is my guess. If I went with a 4.5 inch lift then with 35 or 37 inch tires that should put me at 7 inches of lift right? Do you guys think with just a 4.5 inch lift I could fit 36 or 37's under there with some minor trimming? Also now that I got the lift hammered out, Now its down to Rims and tires. What American force rims do you guys think will look the best?

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

im not sure a 7" lift and bigger tires will make it very fun to pull a trailer with....

I thought your 08 was white nick?
Kenny I think your right 7 is to much lol. And the 01 Excursion you saw in Tennessee is white the 450 is copper :D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Kenny I think your right 7 is to much lol. And the 01 Excursion you saw in Tennessee is white the 450 is copper :D
I say 22's semi rims and tires with a strong sidewall for towing..but my .02..post up picks of what you do...it should look great with a 4.5" but in my opinion wheels make or break the looks on a lifted truck!!

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well after looking at the prices of 22 semi rims I think that I am going to stick with my 19.5 unless I find 22's cheap.

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts

I LOVE the American Force Independence wheels. If i had a 450 dually, and the money, i would probably lift it 4.5" and throw some 22's on it...

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts

Leveling kit with some 2's or 4's. Color match the grille/bumpers. Check out 00weavers truck, he has the same KR trim and painted to match. It looks sick. I personally dislike lift kits, the most I would ever do is a leveling kit. On edit; I know I'm contradicting myself but I absolutely love this truck. This would be the only lifted truck I'd drive

·
<<< Dewey
312 Posts

Here are some pictures for you. If anyone could photoshop the colors of your truck on theirs it might give you a rough idea on how'll it look
lifted x inches on 22.5s in this one???????

and leveled in this one???

Hope this helps

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
3,067 Posts

and dropping the trailer isn't an option for you?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts