Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need some words of help. Ya'll know that at the beginning of the year I lost my dad. Well I am in a huge legal battle with my dad's wife. I will not make the comment to call her my step mom anymore.

My dad changed his life insurance policy over to me before his passing. Well now (she) is fighting me on that and everything else in his Will. He left his harley with me and she has called the cops on me 3 times and had them show up to my house to get his bike from my house, even though it is left to me in my dad's Will. The cops know that this is a legal issue so they have not taken the bike from me cause if she did get her hands on it I am sure she would sell it just to spite me and my dad.

Well I just found out today from a friend of my dad's that (she) has sold all of the equipment from his business to other people. Well now the thing she does realize or never told her lawyer is that half of that stuff belongs to me along with all of his personal belongings. Well I have no idea what has happened to any of that stuff since we no longer talk to each other.

I guess is what I am asking for is some prayers helping me though these really tough times that I am going through right now. I know that karma is a b*tch and right now she is messing with the wrong guy. What kills me is, is she so stupid to steal from me when there is a Will and Lawyers involved?

I need some words of encouragement to get me through these tough times that I am stuck in right now. Thank you for listening. I haven't been logged on lately cause of the mental stress that I am going through and kind of just wanting to be alone but that doesn't always work.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Aggie. I know she will but when you contently hear bad news or see things that mean something to you disappear, some times you forget that.

Hope to see ya'll in Crandall.

·
Registered
574 Posts
A death always seems to bring out peoples true colors. Probate court sucks. Just hang in there. Sorry for your loss. Lost my dad a little over 2 years ago. Still ruff. Just remember the good times.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
make sure you have a lawyer and he is up to date on the equipment and whats still there and what isn't. try to get her locked out if possible. make sure you do everything legally. and at some point you may have to mentally let go of some of the stuff she has already gotten rid of. sorry about this, it really sucks. keep your head up.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I told my lawyer I am to the point where I may go and weld the gate shut to the shop now. Even though everything is gone now. I talk to my lawyer once a week and let him know things that I have found out. I am all legal on my side cause all I have is my dad's Ashes and his bike. She has all my guns and his personal items and won't let me near her their house. I am trying to keep my head up but sometimes it is tough when you are trying to mourn more bad things keep getting thrown on top of you.

Thank you though every comment helps to keep me going day to day.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I feel for you. Hang in there. If it is legally yours, can't you get a Sherriff to take you over there and remove your belongings?

Hang in there.

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Sucks man, monday morning have your lawyer put a lien on everything that has a title, the bike, the house, the business building, his car, any equipment that she hasn't sold. It will stop her from selling anything else.

She won't be able to sell her house or anything until you are squared up in court and the court has released the leins

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Thank you. I told my lawyer I am to the point where I may go and weld the gate shut to the shop now. Even though everything is gone now. I talk to my lawyer once a week and let him know things that I have found out. I am all legal on my side cause all I have is my dad's Ashes and his bike. She has all my guns and his personal items and won't let me near her their house. I am trying to keep my head up but sometimes it is tough when you are trying to mourn more bad things keep getting thrown on top of you.

Thank you though every comment helps to keep me going day to day.
What is your lawyer telling you, as far as stopping her from disposing of your assets?

I'm guessing that he's reciting the "possession is 9/10ths mantra?"

In other words, it's hard to prove that the stuff is yours if it was over at your Dad's.

Has even tried to file something to stop her from selling anything else until it gets sorted out?

I have my own little story regarding my mothers death and all I can say is that you really find out what people are made of when something like this happens.

Especially when you have to try and deal with your personal loss................on top of it. :(

Good luck.

·
Registered
918 Posts
good luck and I hope you the best in this. Is there anyway to lock everybody out of the estate even your self it might help when crunch time comes and the judge sees that you where willing to let everything set on hold until it got sorted out at least then she cant sell anymore stuff also get records of everything that has been sold and fight to get every penny she sold them for or try to get them back if possible

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
How is she selling equiptment with out title or bill of sale? If everything was in you or your fathers name she would need you permission in writting and a death certifacat to change ownership. I would start contacting the people the bought the stuff and inform them it was stolen and therfore not a legal sale and thay should have there lawyers contact yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts