Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 09 f-250 crew cab with the sync system (with bluetooth). i installed a single dual 4 ohm sub and planet audio bb650.1 mono amp to the factory head unit a while back and have been living with the "problems" since then so bare with me on trying to remember what i did. i followed all the instructions (i think) for proper amp wiring install so i should be straight there...to install a sub and amp to a factory radio i got a line in/line out converter or whatever those things r called. i printed out online a sheet indicating the colors of what each wire is on the factory head unit wiring harness. i thought i hooked everything up right but here are my problems:
1) when running bluetooth audio from my iphone i can still hear bass coming from the sub when i have the volume turned completely down at the head unit. 2) when promting the bluetooth system, the "bluetooth lady" speaking can be heard through the sub. 3) when on a bluetooth phone call i cant turn the volume up to hear the phone call better like when everything was stock otherwise i get huge distortion. 4) when i have bluetooth audio going and i turn the truck off but let the stereo play and then try to start the truck again, i hear a pop in the sub when the truck starts
one thing i can think of that may not have anything to do with it but might is that one of the wires on the line in/line out converter that is supposed to connect to the vehicle 12 volt source i connected to a blue 12v wire that was pointed out on the wiring page. however, there was another wire that is called the amp trigger wire that i thought might have been the one to connect to. this is driving me crazy to finally have a system that sounds good but cant get the quality becuz of my error(s)...

·
Registered
480 Posts
The blue amp trigger is suppost to go directly to the amp to turn it on. Goes to the 12v switched terminal on the amp.. Their should be ether a red or yellow wire on the convertor that gets hooked to a 12v switched source and the black goes to ground...
As far as hearing the bluetooth through the sub that is going to happen as your blutooth is comming through your sterio speakers and you have just tapped them fo the sub.. Not sure how it works but see iff your bluetooth comes throuh all speakers it may just be the fronts if so just swith the convertor to a rear set of speaker leads... Other option is to mount a swith someware for teh blue 12v trigger lead to the amp so you can shut it down when your on a phone call

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sounds like all your problems lie in the amp adjustment themself and not on anything you've done rather what you haven't. The cross over and the input level adjustment specifically. I can walk you though it or you fan look at the owner manual for the amp!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts