Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some work done last week(egr cooler oem oil cooler,coolant flush,new cat 1ec,coolant filter added),on my way home heard a small cracking noise,called mechanic he said prob the cac tube cold side and to bring it back monday.....i brought it back today and he found that the little rubber grommet under my afe air intake that goes into manifold from filter to turbo broke off,,,,sucked into turbo,breaking the little fins on that first wheel(the corners)....went thru turbo and is lodged in intercooler!!!Surprisingly aside from louder whistling and a slight turbo lag the turbo didnt blow up...i drove it for 2 days like that!What im wondering is do i need to buy another turbo or is it possible to fix mine...aside from small chunks off that first wheel all sems ok.....i called afe also to see if they will take some responsibility for a $5 part costing me up to $3000 in repairs......so is my turbo a lost cause?

·
Registered
287 Posts
turbos can be rebuilt. if you just need a new compressor wheel, those cant be too bad and im sure you could get one pretty easily. i dont think the whole turbo is bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mechanic just called....theres play in the shaft...bad news,looks like a rebuilt it is....not bad tho i get a 1 year warranty with the rebuilt one!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
or, just get a power max for 1100...and be done with it. whay spend 1000 or more on rebuilding a stock turbo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was $900,thats canadian as well.......definately could of gotten a better deal south of the border......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts