Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im came to the conclusion that my boots need changeing my turbo ahs oil all over it and the boots show like oil is coming out of them. My question is where is the best place to buy some? any thing better then the ones from the dealer? Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed a boot kit from Diesel Power Products and I am very pleased. Much more sturdy than the stockers. DieselSite's boots are oil resistant, but quite a bit more $ than the DPP ones.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
DieselSite.com:bowfast:

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
DieselSite x2.

However, I'm surprised no ones mentioned that his boots may be fine. Clean your boots and do the CCV mod, I'd be willing to bet they're fine. Unless your sure oil is seeping out of them, or they're torn/ cracked.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Riffraff boots! Got them on all the trucks and they are the bomb!

·
Got plenty of issues
68 Posts
I am a RiffRaff guy also, great boots! You will find both sets (DieselSite, and RiffRaff's) are great.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DieselSite x2.

However, I'm surprised no ones mentioned that his boots may be fine. Clean your boots and do the CCV mod, I'd be willing to bet they're fine. Unless your sure oil is seeping out of them, or they're torn/ cracked.[/QUOTE

Well something is throwing oil on my hood when i pull 13,000lbs through mountains right on top of the turbo... I just cleaned all the oil so im going to see where exactly its leaking from.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Well something is throwing oil on my hood when i pull 13,000lbs through mountains right on top of the turbo... I just cleaned all the oil so im going to see where exactly its leaking from.
I would trace that down quickly. How much oil are you loosing over how many miles?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
at like 3,500-4,000 miles its at the add mark

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Your got more than oil from the boots then.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its not like doing tons of it but enough to see a oil stain.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has anyone had this problem????

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
at like 3,500-4,000 miles its at the add mark
That's not all that bad.

Can you see any oil leaks or anything associated to an oil leak while the truck is idleing? Do you see any oil in your engines valley?
Fill your whole intake system with compressed air, and feel the boots for leaks, and see how long it takes to bleed off.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's not all that bad.

Can you see any oil leaks or anything associated to an oil leak while the truck is idleing? Do you see any oil in your engines valley?
Fill your whole intake system with compressed air, and feel the boots for leaks, and see how long it takes to bleed off.
how do i put compressed air in the intake system?

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
I went to Home Depot and got a 4 inch flexible rubber conection and then put a 4 inch cap on the other end then added a Air press guage and an air nipple. Then you just take your air box off and conect the boost dector to it an listen.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I went to Home Depot and got a 4 inch flexible rubber conection and then put a 4 inch cap on the other end then added a Air press guage and an air nipple. Then you just take your air box off and conect the boost dector to it an listen.
:whs: Listen and feel for leaks, if you have a bad leak you can watch the guage move. But you don't have to put a guage on the plug weekendwarriors talking about, its a good idea though. And then save that piece for use in the future!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts