Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires ASAP. From what I'm being told locally Toyo Proxies are on B/O 6 - 8 weeks. Any vendors that can help? 305/50-20

Thanks in advance.

-Joe

I also noticed General has a new street Grabber tire, but I'm not too hot on Generals

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Brian (Powersmoker) used a general tire on a 16X10 before he went to slicks and they did well for him. I believe a member on here bought them from him and ran his truck on as well. Always seems as if the proxes go on back order.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Not sure if this helps any, but I was able to cut consistent 1.74-1.80 60-ft times with the Cooper HT Plus 305/50r20

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. So what other street options are available for a truck this heavy? Do you know what Nitto tire he has? I guess Toyo’s are not an option for me anymore. Why are proxies so popular with street F250’s in the first place?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
My buddy with the Cummins has the Nitto NT420S. In a 305/50/20, its 32.05" tall and 12.44" wide. I believe it's the same tire that Kind has going by the tread pattern, but I am not 100% sure.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
nitto 420s is almost identicle to the proxes, in weight rating, softness, everything. toyo owns nitto so...

FWIW i cut a 1.71 on my stock continentals.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
just saying its not that tough to cut a good 60ft on ####ty tires in a 4wd. i will continue considering myself special as long as im faster than you. :hehe:
I plan on changing that by the end of the month....unless you get yours out there before me and do something amazing :poke:

I'll just use the "you have more mods than me" excuse LOL

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Thanks. So what other street options are available for a truck this heavy? Do you know what Nitto tire he has? I guess Toyo’s are not an option for me anymore. Why are proxies so popular with street F250’s in the first place?
because they work, no other reason i dont think. The nittos like bad ass i would like to try a set, i have a set of 31 inch coopers i wanna try but they will hurt me 1/4 mile but 1/8th mile might be good.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
420's it is... unless those are b/o'ed also. How low (psi) do you think I could run those at the track? I'm going to feel bad when I smoke those 420's down....:poke:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any of you guys going to Thunder in Muncie?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
My buddy with the Cummins runs them at 30-35 psi I believe. His truck is 07.5 6.7L that is built pretty heavily and it's a QC/SB. Truck runs 11.6's on fuel and the tires handle great for him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts