Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order a clutch now. Question is Southbend or Valair? I can get both I think from site sponsors. Valair might be a little cheaper. Question is are they both close in performance and quality? Already got a bunch of money tied up in the truck and looking for cost saving if they are close to being equal. Just need more informed input. Want to try to get this ordered today. Also I will be towing maybe up to 8500 pounds or so on occasion. I might be trying to up the HP down the road. Not talking big numbers. I want a good DD and be able to pull when needed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Southbend is a LUK Clutch, I wish I would have known that I would have saved $200.00 and just bought one from the parts store.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Valair FTW!!!! Valair clutches are no doubt good quality. Call Dan @ Valair and get the clutch straight through them.

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Southbend is a LUK Clutch, I wish I would have known that I would have saved $200.00 and just bought one from the parts store.
Is the 200 dollar savings include the new flywheel? If so what parts store has them?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a freind that gives me cost on parts. The money I could have saved was frieght and sales tax.

·
Learning from PSN
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts