Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting stationed in Germany and insurance is way to damn expensive and i cant seem to sell it before i leave. i am parking my truck at my father-in-laws. it will be there for three 3 years and i was wondering if i should do anything to it before i leave in mid DEC!?
thanks for the help and advice in advance

·
Davey B
930 Posts
I would grease everything, put some sort of additive in the fuel (sta-bil) an remove the batteries. I've also heard that putting laundry dryer sheets in an around the truck, supposedly mice can't stand the smell and it'll keep them away from your truck hopefully. When you get back, I would definitely change all the fluids before you drive the truck again. It would also help if you could have a family member or close friend start the truck from time to time an maybe even take it for a short drive periodically. It can be pretty hard on a vehicle just letting it sit for a few yrs. I hope this helps you some, an thank you for your service to our country!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps alot thanks I'll probably be coming back 1 time or so a year to see family and I'll drive it then I just changes the oil and put t7 in it so atleast it will be setting with good oil lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would store it on jack stands off the suspension tires off the ground. Clean it wax it and spray the underside frame and just about everything down with oil or something close to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Being in Florida you have to worry about corrosion from the humidity.

Put in a box of Arm & Hammer baking soda, and have your FIL periodically switch it out in the interior.

You dont need him to go out and start it up one a week or once a month or anything like that unless he's gonna drive it and get the engine and oil up to operating temps to burn off any condensation in the engine. Its better to not run it at all instead of just short bursts.

I agree with putting it on jackstands just high enough to keep the tires from flat spotting.

If he isnt gonna drive it at all, get as much fuel out of the tank as possible, and then fill it with fresh fuel when you actually drive it.

The batteries even sitting on a shelf probably wont last unless they're kept on a tender or kept charged.

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Trade you a 2000 BMW M5 for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts