Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today I noticed a huge bubble in the side wall of my front tire,they are maxxis buckshots w/30k on them and are bald so no big deal,since i caught it before it blew out and the dealer put them on when i bought it,but this is the 2nd bubble,!st was when they were new,need opinions on what tires i should get,i was thinking bfg all terrains,I can get them for 200 a piece new installed,I just want a set of tires that is gonna last,look good,not cost a ton,and be ok off road

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
BFG A/T's suck in snow and mud, if that matters to you. I had Pro Comp Xtreme A/T's on my 05, and they were AWESOME in mud, snow, just about anything you can imagine. They were E rated, and have a 40,000 mile Warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ain't fer sure what fine69 is talkin about, but I had bfg a/t's before I got the km2's and I think that for the milage u will get out of the a/t's and they got my crewcab through the snow and mud like a champ. Got 45-50,000 miles out of'em.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thinkin im probably gonna go with the all terrains dont think anything is gonna beat 45k @ 200 a tire installeand i dont travel off into much at all usually sand

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
I have had 3 sets on this truck. Took off a full tread set a few months ago. Had a set of 295 bfg ats go 62k miles and then i sold em for 75 bucks!

·
Registered
304 Posts
BFG's FTW!

Had a set on my OBS, put a new set on, then took them off when I sold it and put them on my SD, and still going! Snow and mud no problem.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i just went to a Hankook Dynapro ATM. A little more aggressive looking than the BFG but very quiet and it is a E load in a 285. I had BFG, Bridgestone and Coopers prior and did not like the D load as it seemed very wobbley when loaded heavy (2500#in bed) or towing heavy (14k tag trailer)

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
thinkin im probably gonna go with the all terrains dont think anything is gonna beat 45k @ 200 a tire installeand i dont travel off into much at all usually sand
If you won't be in snow or mud BFG A/T's will be fine, I just don't care for them. I plow snow with my trucks, and BFG's just don't cut it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i have hankook dynapro MT's they look good and havent got me hung up anywhere, and i use my truck... i was in the mountains three weeks ago, then at the beach two weekends ago.... not a problem towing my camper either. they are 285's load range E and i paid 700 plus mount and balance

·
Registered
842 Posts
anyone besides me try these guys there tires are awesoem 20k on them and still look new Shop Now

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
In my opinion, tires are not something to cheap out on. Had a blow out a few years back with the whole family in the truck. Never again will I try to push tires.

·
Registered
842 Posts
retreads are legal... and I have had nothing but good luck with them

·
Cute and cuddly boys!
973 Posts
I don't know how new they are, but I just found them. Falken High Country AT. Dang good looking tire for an AT. Price isn't too bad either.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Check out the General Grabber A/T it's alot like the BFGs just costs less.

·
Peon
727 Posts
They're not an aggressive tire at all, but I really like my Michelin LTX AT/2's. They're very very quiet on the big road, got good traction in the little bit of snow we had after I got 'em installed back around mid-April, don't seem to notice water on the road--great wet traction, and from what I've read they should last practically forever so that's a good thing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts