Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for step-by-step instuctions on removing and reinstalling the #8 cylinder glow-plug on a 2006 F250 SD with the 6.0L Turbo Diesel. I used an OBD-II scan tool to diagnose the check engine light as the glow plug on cylinder #8, and I have the replacement part.

I've read that this can be accomplished by disconnecting the wiring harness and using a deep well 10mm socket to gently remove the plug, however I'd like additional information on explicitly identifying the harness, plug, and connector removal as this seems to be tricky.

There seems to be an awful lot of components in the way to reach cylinder #8, can this be done without removing additional parts?

Thank-you in advance!

TopFuelWeimar
Indianapolis, IN
2006 F250 SD PowerStoke 6.0L Diesel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I had found this too. I wish they would give a more thorough description... they only show one cylinder. My problem is trying to figure out how in the heck to reach cylinder #8 -- which I understand to be on the drivers side closest to the firewall. It's dang near impossible to get my arm into the opening.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
number 8 can be reached by removing filter minder and snking arm through

·
Registered
116 Posts
Topfuel... I may be attempting this procedure tomorrow after the weather clears out. I have the same prob, #5 and #8 glow plugs on the CEL. Will post back here any speedbumps I encounter. I did attempt to remove my passenger side fender well earlier this week, just see how hard it was, and it almost kicked my a&&. I mean, it is in there tight and even bent one of the outter mounting tabs. It was a failed attempt, so if someone could enlighten me on a better procedure, it would be greatly appreciated. - Will

2006 F-350 CC SB

·
Registered
646 Posts
You don't need to remove the entire fenderwell, just take the lower bolt out and use a long pry bar to flex the fender out (towards the tire) to get your hand in there (2 people for this helps alot). And, IMO if you are already doing 2 glow plugs, you would be crazy to leave the rest. They are very cheap and if your already in there why not do them all?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts