Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on my 2021 F350XLT, 7.3 gas and trying to find an "Accessory On" power feed inside the cab to use to trigger a relay to power some things I've added. Someone in a Facebook group directed me to a harness behind the passenger side kick panel, I've pictured the tag on it here. I need help decoding the label. I don't have the PTO option so I assume none of those will be relevant. Here's what I'm trying to figure out the abbreviations:

VS OUT

GAS SIG RTN

CBP30

CBP22

BCPIL

CTO

BCP SW

I'd like to avoid testing each pin with the test light if possible if anyone can point me at one particular wire. Also, I have the snowplow package and notice that there's a 10 amp fuse labeled "Snowplow". I'm thinking this might be provided to power my snowplow controller but I haven't found a tap wire on the harness labeled for it. Anyone know anything about it? I'm amazed at the number of control modules in this truck and don't want to do anything to mess things up. I sure miss the days where you could tap into the cigarette lighter or radio to grab what you need!!

While I'm at it, is there a way to make one of the power points always on? I have two on the dash, one is switched with the ignition, the other seems to stay powered for about 90 minutes after turning the truck off and then goes dead. I'd like to be able to leave something plugged in and have it continue to operate while I'm away from the truck.

Thanks in advance!!
Font Water Gas Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Font Gas Electric blue Label Rectangle

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been pretty disappointed with the manual. I went through the glovebox version and didn't see anything and then went to the online manual to use the search but still haven't found any explanations. They listed a link to an upfitter's guide but that didn't describe the upfitter wires at all. I tested all the pins on this harness today and none of them are switched power. While I was under there testing the connector I found 3 blunt wires tied together with no label on them. I couldn't find anything labeled "snowplow" either, tomorrow I'm going to take the fusebox under the hood loose and see is there's a wire under it for the plow. There's an unused 4 pin connector next to the kick panel fusebox I found as well, must be for something I didn't order.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had come across that, thanks though. I moved some stuff out of the way under the hood and was able to take these pictures:
Finger Handwriting Electrical wiring Cable Nail

This is the upfitter switch wire bundle and the key is pretty straight forward. I'm guessing the last listing is a positive battery source? Also, there is a very thin gauge blue wire with gray tracer that isn't listed. Anyone know what this is?

Hood Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Carbon

These blunt wires are located behind the passenger kick panel above the fuse box. One is gray with orange tracer, the others are white, I think one has red tracer and other green but they were difficult to see. There's no indication what they are for. They're very short too, accessing them will be a bitch if necessary. Any ideas?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm guessing the last listing is a positive battery source?
Yes, it's coming from an UN-switched 20A fuse somewhere. Your owner's manual fuse map should indicate it.
Also, there is a very thin gauge blue wire with gray tracer that isn't listed. Anyone know what this is?
Neither DB/Gy nor LB/Gy is indicated as a Ford wire color on this chart & the NEXT several pages.
1983 Ford Bronco 93 Truck Wiring picture | SuperMotors.net

If you're sure that's the color, look for a newer Ford wire color chart.
These blunt wires...accessing them will be a bitch if necessary. Any ideas?
LEAVE THEM ALONE. That's a factory splice joint. They're normally taped up in the harness - IDK why that one would be hanging out loose, but it doesn't look to me like a customer-use take-out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate your help. I need a switched power source inside the cab for my plow controller. I have a source out under the hood but it's a bitch getting it through the firewall. I'm anal about making it look factory. Been working on my own trucks for 40 years but this one has so many electronic gizmos and warnings not to mess with them I don't want to screw anything up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts