Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been looking at injectors awhile, still really dont know much about them. But im trying to decide on what to put in my truck when the time comes. I am not looking for a big hp track set. My truck is used as a DD, tows occasionally. Just looking for something that adds a lil more power and makes it fun to drive....or race a ricer or two :evil:. I would like to stay under 2k. So far I have narrowed it down to single shots including:
Nates @ Unlimited Diesel A code stage IIs
Swamps 1785/146 single shots (60 hp increase)
Beans 160cc stage 1s.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Austin

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
is split shots stock?

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup...single shots offer more power without the need for more oil..to a certain point.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Id say your going to get awesome results with any of your choices. Id go with whomever you want to tune it. Out of those I, myself, would go with the Casserly/Beans injectors with Beans tunes. That would make for a really nice running truck assuming everything else is up to snuff

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
An 02 has pmr rods id go stg1 and be sure the tuner tunes for them.
Actually if it was me id pick up a set of forged rods and have them swapped or budget for them.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
Yup...single shots offer more power without the need for more oil..to a certain point.
thanks so whats the difference between stages the more the more fuel being used?

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Yes Each stage goes by the ccs of fuel it will flow.

I would give nate at unlimited a call. He has great prices and can answer any question you have.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Stage ones are 160cc with stock nozzles

Stage twos are 160ccs with either 30% or 80% nozzles, seen both.

Stage 3 is hybrids.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pretty much...the more fuel used...the more power...although black smoke is unburnt fuel...so to get the most power out of the injectors..the tuning would have to almost smokeless..which some tuners on here have very good success with it. I had my azz handed to me by an obs and he wasnt throwin any smoke and it took a min to hit LOL

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
ohhh okay i get it now! so what are hybrids exactly..sorry kinna slow here.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
from what I understand hybrids are stage 3s and up..like 530cc...could be wrong tho. Pretty much guys runnin the track or pullin run these. They can make some big numbers.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
ohh alright so stage 3s are for the big boys haha! thanks for the info love to learn!

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
They

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
huh?

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
I am going to be running stage 3's in my daily driver. If I can ever get a weekend free.

Actually, my install got put off this weekend for help for a friend. My wife went for a ride, asked what is all that black smoke from. I said it was my injectors going out. I have this weekend 100% free.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What kind of stage 3s...? I would like stage 2 or 3s but i would have to switch to forged rods...is that hard to do?

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
pretty much...the more fuel used...the more power...although black smoke is unburnt fuel...so to get the most power out of the injectors..the tuning would have to almost smokeless..
It's really not that simple. Although I don't like it the truth is that 'some' excesse fuel will make a bit more power than a completely clean running truck. They seem to run the fastest w/ a small amount of smoke.

I have a program that can smoke out a road but I've learned that feathering in the throttle to a grey haze produces faster acceleration than just stomping on it and getting a bunch of smoke. Too much smoke seems to snuff out the turbo and make it quite laggy. It's like you can tell there is no heat in the cylinder because it's so uncrisp.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts