Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

To paint or not to paint?

• Keep the same look. More bling is good

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Start to paint match and tone it down some.

Votes: 7 43.8%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running the billet grill on my truck for about two years now and I was thinking about painting my XL grill and putting it back on there. I am also thinking about painting my mirrors also. Not the entire mirror but just the part that some trucks have the chrome piece and leave the rest black. I like the idea but not sure how it will go with the bumper and billet grill on there. Let me know what you guys think.

This is what i'm working with...

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
3,067 Posts
I like the mirror idea, but for the grille, I say keep what you have or go to a chrome/blk factory grille. IMHO a OBS only looks good monochromatic in black.

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
IMHO I would leave mirrors black or put factory stainless/aluminum ones on for silver color. You dont have the tow or swing mirrors so keep what you have and paint frint grill or replace grill with a factory chrome grill and then use chrome mirrors-either the small ones or th larger swing/tow ones. Just my $.02.

I painted my XL grill from the dark gray it was to a lighter gray by mistake when trying to repaint it because I am color-blind . I think it looks good now and have been told it looks better than the original color.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Get an OBS chrome grill and paint the inserts red, put the chrome cap on the mirror and paint the base red

·
Registered
403 Posts
Get an OBS chrome grill and paint the inserts red, put the chrome cap on the mirror and paint the base red
:whs: btw nasty truck!

·
Registered
745 Posts
IMO youre truck is a classy well put together truck that will never go out of style. I say leav it alone and be happy with having somthing diferent.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
It looks good the way it sits for sure.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
If you go monochromatic then you have to go all the way....ie red grill, mirrors, door handles,bumpers, windshield trim, EVERYTHING RED. If not the painted items look out of place.

I am a chrome man myself, i would just get the same mirros you have but with the chrome covers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts