Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2000 f-350 that im working on for a buddy, looked at it over lunch today after he called and told me it started fine, drove 100 feet then died. got there found number 25? 20 amp maxi blown for the pcm. put one in it turned key on, wat 2 start went off and tried it and nothing. shut key off and back on no wait to start light. fuse blew again. so i unhooked glow plug relay and put another fuse in and started it several times without blowing it.... so my question is is it in the glow plug system or could it just be that the glowplugs are pulling enough juice with a problem in the pcm system. Need to figure out asap, its getting cold here in iowa and he uses it on a daily basis and needs it back to make money

·
Cantankerous Old Redneck
627 Posts
check UVCH, you may have a wire grounded out... ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for reminding me, i did also unhook the fuel bowl heater so maby ill hook the glow plug wire back up and see if the fuse stays good or not... been a long week cant even remember what i did earlyer, thats sad

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay still an issue, came to work on it today, hooked the glowplugs back up and its still blowing the number 25? pcm maxi fuse even with the fuel bowl heater unplugged,. I need some other thoughts on this problem so i can get it fixed!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay new problem, truck just up and dies when he leaves it idling, or even has dead spot like it tries to die going down the road but fires right back up when he hits the key? could this be a bad cps sensor? i put a new one in from napa two weeks ago and this just started hapening two or three days ago????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts