Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Injectors are Swamps 400/290 5 hole nozzle A codes.

Any info on these injectors? Looking at purchasing a set this week, they are used, plan on swapping nozzles someday down the road but not right away.

a code what is that? how does it compair to a hybrid injector?

Just looking for any and all imput i can get before i commit!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
They will be a Hybrid injector and not a straight A code.
They will take a lot of pw to emtpy. You will do them justice to add a big nozzle and the mods to go along with them to make them much Faster.

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they somthing I should still be interested in buying? Or are they not as nice as the newer injectors? I don't want to buy somthing bc the price is good, I want to make some powaaaa. And I want big fast 400/400's

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Back in the day they use to sell just A codes because the thinking was that the Injection Ratio was better which ignored the fact that they actually flowed slower.

If they really are just A-codes w/ a 5 hole nozzle, honestly, they are really just a set of cores and nothing more.

If they are already hybrids and all they need is new nozzles then you have something there. I wouldn't bother installing w/ the 5 holers personally.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I didn't even know it was possible to "stroke" an injector to 400cc's... If it were an actual stroked A code, the barrel width would be the same as any A code injector, right?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
they would be 400cc hybrids meaning they started as A codes and have B code fuel piston and barrels that can be stroked to 400cc. as opposed to a straight B code stroked to 400cc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts