Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help with my truck, it quit running on me saturday and cant get it running. It acted like it ran out of fuel even though it had just over half a tank. Change the fuel filters, oil and filter, checked the FICM and whatever else I could think of. I'm wondering if there is anyone in the SE Pennsylvania, Chester County area with the tools and knowledge that would be willing to help narrow it down to the IPR or HPOP. Thanks

It's an 06 F250

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not sure how close that is too Lebanon, PA but Zimmey's Diesel is really good. I would like to help ya out but that is one of those ones you need to have in the shop.

Dave

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,212 Posts
05 and up HPOP's are pretty reliable. Now the STC fitting and dummy plugs are a different matter. Are you sure it isn't a FICM issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FIDM read 48 volts across the board and it was just replaced in march along with the oil cooler, egr cooler and valve and head gaskets. ICP was reading .25 volts while cranking, tried unplugging it to default and still no start. I talked to a diesel tech at a local dealership and he was saying that the dummy plugs are prone to fail before the other weak links on the 06's, getting ready to tear the valve covers off tonight.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Your ICP voltage is too low. It should be .8 or higher. What is your IPR reading? You can unplug your ICP and try to start. With your PCM seeing that .25v reading the vehicle will not even try to start. With the ICP unplugged the PCM give it a set value and should start or at least try to start. This may help. View attachment 05_Diesel_sheetNOSTART.pdf

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the valve covers and pulled out the dummy plugs, looks like they are the problem, the bottom o-rings on them are trashed, picking up a new set of plugs tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts